Doug Meredith

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site

• Nexus 5X
  • Android 7.1.2
  • All apps have been updated
  • Language set to US English
  • In Canada
  • Using a G Suite account, and Web & App activity is already set to "ON for everyone".

Any thoughts? Do I just need to wait longer? I would have thought that the rollout was over by now.

Sam_Gs7

May 27, 2016
Visit site
:cool: Well tell us What you've done to verify..If it's been installed
or Not: What happens when you do a long Press in the
HomeScreen phone. Do you've Nougat installed

Doug Meredith

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
If I do a long press of the home button, I still get Google Now on Tap.

Yes, I am running Nougat (7.1.2).

As a test, I created a secondary user on the phone (Gmail account), and that user gets Google Assistant.

Sam_Gs7

May 27, 2016
Visit site
@DougMer..while you get other replies. Perform this test open
Settings >>Tap on Apps >>scroll down to "Google app" and Tap
on it >>Tap..Storage >>Tap on [Clear cache]

close Settings & Restart the phone: next long Press-HomeButton
You'll see a group of icons >>Tap the "G" icon and
say "ok google open Android central"
You got it or Not - Bye 😄

Doug Meredith

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone know if the Google Assistant roll-out is still going on? If the answer is simply "wait longer", I'm okay with that, but if the roll-out is over, and the problem is something specific to me, I'd like to figure it out.

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
Does anyone know if the Google Assistant roll-out is still going on? If the answer is simply "wait longer", I'm okay with that, but if the roll-out is over, and the problem is something specific to me, I'd like to figure it out.
What version of the Google app are you running? I had some issues today and had to Uninstall Updates from the Google app. With the stock version that left me Google Now On Tap when long pressing the Home button. I reinstalled Google app updates to the newest version and that gives me Assistant with a long press of the Home button. Seems to me like Assistant is just an addition to the Google app.