Google Assistant can't find Hangouts or WhatsApp accounts ?

lukasz123

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
Hi

I can use Google Now to send SMS (command: 'send message to Eva') - everything is recognized and i can dictate message later and send it.

However, when i try 'send whatsapp message to Eva' (or 'send hangout messsage to Eva'), assistant says: 'You don't have an account for Eva Martinez'.
I can send Whatstapp or Hangout message to that person manually (so i have these accounts, right?)

I found problems like that on internet, for Nexus 6P mainly, but there was no solution at the end...

Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Global
Android 6.0.1 MMB29M
Google 7.4.21.21.arm64

Sam_Gs7

May 27, 2016
Visit site
:cool: I don't use third party Messaging apps: But I heard that both
Sender-Recipient: Have to previously Signed on WhatsApp or Hangout

All these third party apps work by accessing the Phone default Contacts list
try to send messages from another phone..that has those apps active

Enter eva contact and send a message: Try also to delete and
re-Enter yours+eva contacts it may help..Post results

lukasz123

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
i can send messages to everyone using Hangouts or Whatsapp - but only by doing it manually (using fingers). I have these people in Contacts (there is WhatsApp icon there and i can click it and send message by WhatsApp/Hangout).

and i thought that 'Hangout' isn't 'a third party' app :)

Sam_Gs7

May 27, 2016
Visit site
i can send messages to everyone using Hangouts or Whatsapp - but only by doing it manually (using fingers). I have these people in Contacts (there is WhatsApp icon there and i can click it and send message by WhatsApp/Hangout).

and i thought that 'Hangout' isn't 'a third party' app :)
😉 You're right 'Hangout' is part of Google.com - As next step go thru this

Help link: https://support.google.com/assistant/?hl#topic=7172703

Attention: Anybody who read this question..could help @LucasZ123

nathdogg1985

Dec 20, 2015
Visit site
Hi

I can use Google Now to send SMS (command: 'send message to Eva') - everything is recognized and i can dictate message later and send it.

However, when i try 'send whatsapp message to Eva' (or 'send hangout messsage to Eva'), assistant says: 'You don't have an account for Eva Martinez'.
I can send Whatstapp or Hangout message to that person manually (so i have these accounts, right?)

I found problems like that on internet, for Nexus 6P mainly, but there was no solution at the end...

Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Global
Android 6.0.1 MMB29M
Google 7.4.21.21.arm64
I had this problem. What I did was uninstall and reinstall whatsapp and that fixed the issue for me.