Why is the google assistant STILL incompatable with my phone?

HD_TECHNOLOGY

Feb 3, 2019
Visit site
Ok, so here is my situation, keep in mind i find this situation of mine to be very discouraging, mainly because there is no results on google to help me out so i decided to complain about it here, hoping this will draw some attention and i can get some help. so a little backstory, i have always loved everything about Artificial intellegence, ever since my sister got an ipad and we were messing around with siri and having a lot of fun. fast forward to today, i was pretty glad when i found out about the google assistant finnaly being available on android 6.0.1, however i aam having som issues with that. So, i have a Samsung Galaxy luna (SM-S120VL) that i purchased through tracfone wireless, It is currently running android 6.0.1 marshmallow and meets all system requirements, i currently have google play services updated to the beta version and the google app updated to the beta version, both applications meet the required versions for the google assistant. i have tried a method i saw on XDA which was: join beta program on both google play services and the google app, update the two apps, clear data from both apps, long press home key, and SUPPOSEDLY the google assistant is supposed to come up, however after i did that, when i long pressed the home key, it just launches the google app, and not the assistant, i went into the google app settings, however in the settings page, there is no google assistant option, i try downloading the app from the play store, however it just says YOUR DEVICE IS INCOMMPATABLE WITH THIS VERSION. however i am quite certain all requriements are met. Anyway i am a little dissapointed about this, and really hope that taking to Android Central to post about it was a good choice. if anyone is willing to maybe do some research for me on the samsung galaxy luna, or if anyone owns a samsung galaxy luna and is having the same problem, to please help me out and help others out as well. Thank you in advance to anyone willing to help. your help is much appreciated.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Google Assistant requires 1.5 GB of RAM on Marshmallow (https://assistant.google.com/platforms/phones/) -- I can't tell for sure how much RAM your phone has. Some sites say 1 GB, others say 1.5 GB. Can you see in your system settings menu how much RAM your phone reports? The Smart Manager app should tell you. I seem to recall certain phones in the past that would claim to have 1.5 GB of RAM in their official specs, but it only showed up as maybe 1.3 GB in the system, which wouldn't be enough.

Also, this is the Google Assistant app you tried to install from the Play Store, right? https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.googleassistant

Last edited:

HD_TECHNOLOGY

Feb 3, 2019
Visit site
Yes, I have tried the google assistant from the play store, it says incommpatible, i also tried the google assistant apk. i checked my ram and it is 59% used and it only has 359 mb free, and 1 gb total, is there a way to clear up my ram even more because i clicked the end all button and it still is at 59% used.