Chromebook Pixel = Google's Macbook/Macbook Air?

N33k5

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Just getting this out of the way the Pixel is just too sexy... Alright back to the topic. The Pixel looks like a Macbook in a lot of respects and is also spec'ed like one with the exclusion the hard drive/ssd space. With the addition of 1 TB of drive space for 3 years and if the build quality is as good as I hope the price will be justified and I want one now.
Disclosure I am an original Chrome OS Beta tester with a CR-48 that I love the hell out of. So yes I would buy this and have no regrets if I could.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

droidmyme

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Way too expensive for anyone but techie geeks with money to burn. What's the point though, honestly? Chrome OS only has apps that run in the cloud. Why not get a Surface instead.

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
The Macbook Air costs $100 less comes with USB 3.0, 128GB SSD and an OS thats does about 10K more things then the Chromium OS. So get one of them and put Chrome on it. Or better yet Linux. Better Battery on the Air as well.

The touchscreen didn't impress the Verge's Dieter Bohn.

For the price of the 128GB LTE model you could just about get a Retina Mac.

I thought the CR-48 was a little heavy...1/2 lb more then my 13" Air. The Battery life was good though. Unfortunately the Pixel's isn't.

Last edited:

droidmyme

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
The Macbook Air costs $100 less comes with USB 3.0, 128GB SSD and an OS thats does about 10K more things then the Chromium OS. So get one of them and put Chrome on it. Or better yet Linux. Better Battery on the Air as well.

It's one thing to pay $299 for a Chrome OS device. It's something else entirely to pay $1,299. I love Google products, I'm just not sure if Chrome is worth it.

Jaredshoes

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
The pixel is not at all googles macbook air, like What's his name said, It's for what's "Next" Google doesn't anticipate this thing to be sold at all they want developers to get their hands on it and so they can make Chrome OS more than just a browser

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
It's one thing to pay $299 for a Chrome OS device. It's something else entirely to pay $1,299. I love Google products, I'm just not sure if Chrome is worth it.

and the Samsung Chrome book is actually only $249 and shipping.:)

jmunster

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Love my Samsung and well worth the money. I also love my Macbook Air but let me say: don't put Linux on your MBA. It is really unstable. I ended up putting OS X back on it when I got tired of it crashing.

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

I thought the CR-48 was a little heavy...1/2 lb more then my 13" Air. The Battery life was good though. Unfortunately the Pixel's isn't.

To be fair, you did leave out the Pixel's awesome screen.

N33k5

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I still want the pretty thing even if there are 'reasons' I shouldn't want it and with with both Chrome and Android being run by the same man I can dream of some kind of hybrid OS can't I?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci