Best podcast app for Chromecast Audio?

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
i just got the Chromecast Audio and connected it via Optical cable (mini toslink to toslink) to my Onkyo AVR.

it's working but i tried out Podcast Republic for the first time (it got good reviews) and i can't find its "cast" icon/button! i looked and looked and it's nowhere to be found.

i emailed their tech support and they said it ought to be there. well, it isn't.

may i ask what other podcast manager/listening app is very highly rated and recommended and ALSO is Chromecast Audio compatible? i.e., the podcast manager/app has a "cast" button.

thanks!

rrollar

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
BeyondPod is still by far my favorite. After the update to the interface a while back, I have gotten used to it and love the fact that I can cast to my TV or stereo now with the Audio Chromecast. Highly recommend paying for the full version too.

Dualmonitors

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
BeyondPod is still by far my favorite. After the update to the interface a while back, I have gotten used to it and love the fact that I can cast to my TV or stereo now with the Audio Chromecast. Highly recommend paying for the full version too.

thanks. i looked and BeyondPod and BeyondPod's $6.99 premium/unlock doesn't say what the $6.99 gets you.

may i ask what advantages you've seen with paying $6.99 please? isn't $6.99 quite high for these types of apps? i've often seen $1 or $2 or $3 or so, but rarely $6.99.

thank you.

Pre-dawn raid

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
Yeah $6.99 is about 3 bucks too high IMO for a simple podcast app. I have pocket casts and it works well with Chromecast and CC Audio.

Posted via the Android Central App

Rarry

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
I used Beyondpod a lot but never liked it since the update, I find it very unintuitive.
I tried Pocket Casts after reading many good reviews but thought it was too lacking in features. Recently I've been using Podcast Addict and quite like it. It seems nicely laid out with all the settings you need without getting too messy or confusing.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2