Running out of outlets!

TJH132

May 5, 2010
Visit site
The power receptacles behind my stereo gear are getting used up by all these devices! Since Chromecast and Chromecast Audio are USB powered, could I use one of those handy dual USB plugs Motorola ships with their phones (not Turbo Charger) to send power to each device from one outlet?

Posted via the Android Central App

Justin_1138

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
Not sure about the Chromecast, but as for the Chromecast audio I used a generic USB cable and ran it into a wall tap I just got at the dollar store ($6) that converts a standard outlet into 2 plugs with 2 USB charging spots built in. Works fine.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
The power receptacles behind my stereo gear are getting used up by all these devices! Since Chromecast and Chromecast Audio are USB powered, could I use one of those handy dual USB plugs Motorola ships with their phones (not Turbo Charger) to send power to each device from one outlet?

Posted via the Android Central App

Yes.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

May 3, 2015
Visit site
all Chromecast devices can be powered by a TVs utility/media port. my daughter's Chromecast is plugged into the tv... which is good, because when she turns off the tv it kills the stream and she can resume where she left off.