Chromecast video only

TenSleep

Jun 18, 2022
Visit site
Hello, I have a Google pixel 3XL that I intend repurpose as a DAP; more specifically, a digital media player, including streaming movies.

I do like to use an external DAC and headphones to listen to audio tracks. The audio is superior and I don't disturb others who may be sleeping.

Is it possible to keep the audio portion of the stream local to the phone and cast the video only to Chromecast device?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hello, I have a Google pixel 3XL that I intend repurpose as a DAP; more specifically, a digital media player, including streaming movies.

I do like to use an external DAC and headphones to listen to audio tracks. The audio is superior and I don't disturb others who may be sleeping.

Is it possible to keep the audio portion of the stream local to the phone and cast the video only to Chromecast device?

Welcome to the forums. I haven't tried this before, but I did find this on Google support page: https://support.google.com/chromecast/answer/7532812?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Android

Hopefully that leads to an answer?

TenSleep

Jun 18, 2022
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. I haven't tried this before, but I did find this on Google support page: https://support.google.com/chromecast/answer/7532812?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform=Android

Hopefully that leads to an answer?

Interesting. It's a little misleading - I can't tell if the tips are talking about setting a default device and then redirecting the complete media stream to a different device with a voice command, which I already do on several devices, or if the tip is talking about actually separating the audio and video streams and directing them to separate devices. My 3XL should be here tomorrow. I suppose I could play around with my 6 pro and get the answer. Maybe after I get my chores done.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Interesting. It's a little misleading - I can't tell if the tips are talking about setting a default device and then redirecting the complete media stream to a different device with a voice command, which I already do on several devices, or if the tip is talking about actually separating the audio and video streams and directing them to separate devices. My 3XL should be here tomorrow. I suppose I could play around with my 6 pro and get the answer. Maybe after I get my chores done.

I'll be fair, I thought it was a bit confusing too. But sometimes, one answer even wrong can spark an idea that either is correct, or leads to a solution.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
batsam