This should be a foregone conclusion, but I've learned not to make such assumptions: Can the dongle be attached to any sort of A/V equipment, like a receiver, so that it can play through a proper home theater setup? It looked like something like this was being done in their video advert, but again, I'm learned not to assume without explicit confirmation.

Also, what if you got an HDMI to micro HDMI converter and plugged it into the input on a Nexus Q? Any reason it shouldn't pass the video along to the TV and the audio out to the speakers it's powering? It sure would be nice to at least be able to use the damned orb's stereo amps rather than have to buy a new set of amps.
    07-24-2013 02:49 PM
    I'm hoping (assuming) we'll be able to pop this right into a free AVR HDMI slot. At that price though (Netflix kick back), it was worth a gamble for me.
    ottscay likes this.
    07-24-2013 06:47 PM
    I ended up concluding the same thing (the gamble was worth it). Mine should be here in a couple days.
    07-25-2013 10:06 AM
    I'm hoping (assuming) we'll be able to pop this right into a free AVR HDMI slot. At that price though (Netflix kick back), it was worth a gamble for me.
    I hope this is the case too, although I won't order mine until late next week. Everything, Sat TV, stereo, DVD and speakers are connected to my receiver and then my TV receives a signal from the receiver, so there is no way to just have this plugged into my TV and have it work. It will have to be plugged into the receiver which controls video and distributes audio through surround speakers I'm hoping this will work.
    07-25-2013 03:13 PM
    Mine is hooked up to my receiver. Works fine. Only thing I haven't tried is the ability to turn on my equipment automatically (CEC?).
    07-25-2013 08:43 PM
    Mine is hooked up to my receiver. Works fine. Only thing I haven't tried is the ability to turn on my equipment automatically (CEC?).
    Great! I dont care about turning anything on automatically

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    07-25-2013 08:53 PM
    My post from earlier today should help answer this

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=299870

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    07-25-2013 09:32 PM
    My Chromecast won't pass video through my Onkyo TX-SR607 A/V receiver. My TV only has 1 DVI port, so I have to pipe & switch everything through the receiver. I've tried several HDMI ports - audio only. When plugged directly into the TV I get video. I have tried every combination of turning things on/off, plugging/unplugging. No luck.
    07-27-2013 08:48 AM
    Mine works just fine on my Denon. Plugged it into the Game HDMI and powered from strip. No problems. Looks and sounds great. Only issue was it had a hard time connecting on my network but once up it has been smooth sailing. Now I have a Harmony touch remote so I set up macro command to switch everything over same as for watching TV, Movie, etc. I also created a custom icon for the screen.
    07-30-2013 02:23 PM
    Only problem I have is my onkyo NR-TX706 will not covert digital to analog out for the rest of the house. Ordering a DAC digital to analog converter soon.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    08-03-2013 04:02 PM
    I have mine hooked up to my Denon 3312 receiver HDMI input and it works perfect. Not sure why it would not work with any receiver.
    08-03-2013 04:44 PM
    Hi guys. I'm not sure if I properly posted this already. I have a Sony STR HD-510 receiver running to an Optoma HD20 projector. When the Chromecast is hooked up, the video is pretty much all static, sort of like when old TVs cable would go out. I see some video at the very top. When plugged directly into the projector, everything looks fine. I think it's the receiver but I am not sure. Any thoughts?
    08-30-2013 10:04 PM
    Did you find a way to solve this? I'm having a no video issue...
    01-05-2014 11:49 PM
    Hi guys. I'm not sure if I properly posted this already. I have a Sony STR HD-510 receiver running to an Optoma HD20 projector. When the Chromecast is hooked up, the video is pretty much all static, sort of like when old TVs cable would go out. I see some video at the very top. When plugged directly into the projector, everything looks fine. I think it's the receiver but I am not sure. Any thoughts?

are you sure the input is good? try plugging somehting else you know to be working to it to ensure the port is functional. Alternately plug the CC into a port you know to be good. try it with and without the extender.

The Sony receivers of that model era are notorious for blowing HDMI inouts and SURPRISE there are no replacement boards. I'm down to my last input and have everythingrunning through an external switch INTO the AV receiver. when I had 2 good inputs I tested the CC in one and it worked.

Next Receiver I buy I'm going to shell out more than a couple hundred bucks.
    01-06-2014 09:15 AM
    My CC works just fine plugged into a Denon receiver. I have 4 HDMI inputs on the back and had 2 to spare.
    01-07-2014 10:57 AM
    It seems to work with just about everything with an HDMI port. This guy connects it to a projector pretty easy too.
    02-07-2014 12:55 PM