filking762

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Ok, so it's not available over here in the uk yet, (from the google store) but, I have 1 in my Amazon basket right now..

Do I click buy?

Can't see anything on the hardware side that won't be compatible. ie, HDMI and USB is standard I assume ...

Any ideas people?

*EDIT* Won't ship to uk.. my bad. being tooo eager... bad me.. bad amazon... bad google... bad mister kitty!!!

:'(

Rowan2013

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
One of the complaints about Apple TV is the lack of apps or the fact that apps were geared towards the US. I wonder if Google will just wait until the likes of iPlayer & 4OD have been updated with official support before releasing it in the UK. Fair to say it is going to be very popular as a gift at Xmas.

PaulHarper

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I've been using the Chromecast in the UK since its release date (a colleague bought one in the States for me).

No problems at all, other than that I had to change my router channel from 13 to 11 as the Chromecast only recognises 11 WiFi channels (being designed for the US market).

filking762

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Your colleague should've brought a few more back... Can't find anywhere to buy one over here and get it shipped... Shame...

Anyone going to states soon??

Last edited:

JamesBramble

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
I'll be buying one as soon as they become available here in the UK.

All I can say to the OP is save your money and wait, that's what I'm doing. They will be have half the price of what people are selling them at now.

filking762

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Yes, but I want one now.... And no expected arrival date in the UK yet.
As PaulHarper pointed out, they work fine over here, and the price conversion ($ to ?) makes them cheap now..

You wait if you want, But I want one now.. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armeniomanuel