Chromecast Compatible Apps [10 apps added]

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Compiling a list of ChromeCast Compatible apps that people may find useful.
Please feel free to add suggestions. Also let me know if you spot any errors

PC/Mac/Pixel:

Chrome for PC/Mac
Chromecast Extension
Fling Cast any local PC/Mac/Linux Media to Chromecast
Web2Cast https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/web2cast/ghagedffjalchgcgdgfindabkpnmalel

Store to discover Chromocast supported app https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...store/apps/details?id=goko.gcs&token=o-xXBmeA
Android Apps:

Free:

Paid:
Coming Soon:

Note: *Let me know when these apps gets updated
** iOS Support

Last edited:

mikec8785

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
Re: Chromecast Compatible Apps [23Jul - Play Music,Movies,Netflix,Hulu,Rdio,HBO GO]

How is HBO Go compatible? I thought the developer had to enable Chromecast? Has the app been updated?

mattopotamus

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Re: Chromecast Compatible Apps [23Jul - Play Music,Movies,Netflix,Hulu,Rdio,HBO GO]

How is HBO Go compatible? I thought the developer had to enable Chromecast? Has the app been updated?

I don't know if the app is but someone mentioned through the chrome browser you could use it.

yfan

Nov 28, 2009
Visit site

Pandora is also compatible; they demoed it during the unveiling. You may want to add it to the apps list.

anon(5857193)

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Pandora is also compatible; they demoed it during the unveiling. You may want to add it to the apps list.

Didn't they say that Pandora would be coming soon? I don't think apps should be added to the list unless they work right now.

mattopotamus

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

Actually just thinking about it. Chrome on mobile does not support flash so you would still at least need a chromebook to stream HBO go

yfan

Nov 28, 2009
Visit site

Didn't they say that Pandora would be coming soon? I don't think apps should be added to the list unless they work right now.
Hmm, I don't remember that. But sit tight. My Amazon order is supposed to be here in 2 days and then I'd be able to tell for sure.

anon(5857193)

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Some of those apps (Hulu, HBO Go) are not actually compatible with Chromecast. They only work if you stream a Chrome tab. Maybe there should be a second list for these kinda-supported services? At least something that notes that they aren't fully supported?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

CrazyRusski

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site

Also any local files on your desktop/laptop work as well, as it mirrors the tabs. Which you can access those local files by typing in "C:" into chrome.

whitenack

May 20, 2010
Visit site

Google confirmed with Wired that HULU and HBO GO will work via Chrome.

Yeah, I wonder how this will work because Hulu recognizes that you are on a mobile device, even while accessing them via the Chrome browser. Maybe they just meant if you cast it from a PC?

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

Yeah, I wonder how this will work because Hulu recognizes that you are on a mobile device, even while accessing them via the Chrome browser. Maybe they just meant if you cast it from a PC?
Actually Hulu said that they are working close with Google to bring chromecast feature to Hulu Plus Android app.

you cannot cast from chrome browser on Android devices, its from PC.

anon(5857193)

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Compiling a list of ChromeCast Compatible apps that people may find useful.
Please feel free to add suggestions. Also let me know if you spot any errors

How about adding links to the official Chromecast apps/extensions?

Android app: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...le.android.apps.chromecast.app&token=gLJak5xv
Chrome extension: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/...adgeojelhgndaghljhdicfkmllpafd?hl=en-US&gl=US

fabiosan

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site

You can add AOL and Songza Android apps to the list. There are videos on youtube of their beta versions.

letsgoflyers81

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site

I just set up my Chromecast and mirroring a Chrome tab is extremely laggy. I tried to watch HBO GO this way and while it "works" it's not really watchable.

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site

Now when you say 'Chrome PC/Mac' does this mean I can mirror my entire desktop to Chromecast ala Chrome Remote Desktop on the Chromebook and not simply a browser window?

If I'm able to play media files directly on my desktop and simply mirror the image/sound to my TV using Chromecast/Chrome I will gladly ditch Plex and their janky software forever!

Galaxy SIII - Thanks Appreciated!
My Podcast*-*http://cyberears.com/index.php/Show/audio/6030
Twitter - https://twitter.com/shittyrambo