Chromecast Compatible Apps [10 apps added]

Ikeman90

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Re: Chromecast Compatible Apps [23Jul - Play Music,Movies,Netflix,Hulu,Rdio,HBO GO]

Im at work anyone try to cast local content yet??

Ikeman90

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Re: Chromecast Compatible Apps [02Sep - Hulu Plus]

Apps I wished supported Chromecast:

Android Central App
Vine
Google Earth
Dropbox
Google Drive
Chrome Browser
Words With Friends
Google Maps
Google+
Quick Office
Gmail
Hangouts
Snapseed
Justin.tv

I cant imagine why you'd want most of the apps listed on chromecast. its a media steaming device. what benfit is there to using google+ or drive on cast?

fkpalm

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I downloaded A via and watching a movie I had on my phone on my chomecast

Sent from my SM-N900P using AC Forums mobile app

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

dasaucemasta

May 10, 2011
Visit site
What's the best app to stream my local PC content to my Chromecast?

Posted via Android Central App

I have trying out real player and it has been working great for me. I got my storage up to 4 gb in about five minutes. It works just like Dropbox you select what files you want to upload to the cloud and I can stream them to my tv in hd. Has worked flawlessly and it's free

Sent from my Droid DNA using AC Forums mobile app

ozaz

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Re: Chromecast Compatible Apps [23Jul - Play Music,Movies,Netflix,Hulu,Rdio,HBO GO]

From the list in the original post it does not seem possible to cast my personal photos stored on my android smartphone.
Is that still true? Its a shame if it is as that would be the main thing I would want a Chromecast for.

mzanette

Zee
Aug 22, 2012
Visit site

From the list in the original post it does not seem possible to cast my personal photos stored on my android smartphone.
Is that still true? Its a shame if it is as that would be the main thing I would want a Chromecast for.

Not directly from your device right now no. Hopefully soon though.

ppereira9

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone heard is a Slingbox app is coming?

- - - Updated - - -

Has anyone heard if a Slingbox app is coming?

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

Just noticed AllCast added Chromecast support but i could not get it working yet

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...tails?id=com.koushikdutta.cast&token=hBmq4al2

Need Google Play Services version 4.2.39. You can either wait for the update or get the .apk from androidpolice.

if you dont want to wait then force the play service update from web. login with your google account and push to device

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ails?id=com.google.android.gms&token=gHZ0y_pR

DWolf1231

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site

if you dont want to wait then force the play service update from web. login with your google account and push to device

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ails?id=com.google.android.gms&token=1u1Mqrto

How do you get it to push? If I click on "install," it tells me that I don't have any eligible devices for app install, even though neither my S3 nor my N7 have received the update. I'm not that concerned about getting it ASAP... I'm just curious if there's a way to circumvent the rollout through the Play Store like you suggested.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12