Best Buy Now SOLD OUT

hallda01

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I got the email this morning saying my Chromecast was shipped, but now it looks like it's completely sold out. Anybody left out the outside looking in like Charlie in the opening scene of Willy Wonka?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I got the email this morning saying my Chromecast was shipped, but now it looks like it's completely sold out. Anybody left out the outside looking in like Charlie in the opening scene of Willy Wonka?
Ah, that's not good. I have not had a chance to order one and hopefully will do so soon. Hopefully inventory doesn't become a long-term problem.

Kiersten_Kress

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
check your local Best Buy store... I just bought mine there... they had at least 200 in stock when I was there around 1:33PM today.

When the manager was looking it up in the computer, most other Best Buy stores in my area each also had 53 to 180 in stock

(funny enough, he had no idea what a Chromecast was, or that they even had 200 in the back... it was a 16-year-old employee
who told him "they're in the back, don't you know?")

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
check your local Best Buy store... I just bought mine there... they had at least 200 in stock when I was there around 1:33PM today.

When the manager was looking it up in the computer, most other Best Buy stores in my area each also had 53 to 180 in stock

(funny enough, he had no idea what a Chromecast was, or that they even had 200 in the back... it was a 16-year-old employee
who told him "they're in the back, don't you know?")
That's good to know. Chromecast kind of went under the radar and it seems like Google was prepared for the anticipation by providing retailers with good inventory.

Kiersten_Kress

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
i got the last one from mine

call your local store you may get lucky

I told a friend about it and she just called me from the same Best Buy store. I got mine at 1:33pm and the manager said there were 200+ left. At 6:30pm, they only have about 10 left.... the power of Slickdeals.net? :D

hallda01

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I'd be really interested to see how many they made to start out with. I imagine the demand was at least a little more than they expected.

CHRISTEVAN

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
You don't have to call every store. Just call your local Best Buy and ask them to see if any of the local ones have them. That's what I did and 30 minutes later I got my own Chromecast.

renegademoose

May 9, 2011
Visit site
You don't have to call every store. Just call your local Best Buy and ask them to see if any of the local ones have them. That's what I did and 30 minutes later I got my own Chromecast.
I just meant I got mine on Wednesday, so I didn't want to call the stores just to see if they were in stock. :)

guinnkevinr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Bought mine from best buy online and chose the cheap $5 shipping. They still sent it overnight :) got mine today.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007