how will I get sound from Netflix if I plug Chromecast directly to a 1080p projector?

Kiersten_Kress

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
how will I get sound from Netflix if I plug Chromecast directly to a 1080p projector? when I plugged it in,
the video part works fine... The projector is the Sony VPL-HW50ES 3D projector.

I tried plugging it into my A/V receiver which is also connected via HDMI to the same projector... it would
not recognize the Chromecast at all. I have this Sony STR-DA5800ES A/V receiver Sony STR-DA5800ES 9.2-channel home theater receiver, Internet-ready at Crutchfield.com

Liquidretro

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
I am really hoping it will work on my receiver. You might try to change the order your powering stuff on for the HDCP handshake to work correctly. I have had to do that with a PS3 before. I think it was TV, Receiver, then PS3.

Kiersten_Kress

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
I am really hoping it will work on my receiver. You might try to change the order your powering stuff on for the HDCP handshake to work correctly. I have had to do that with a PS3 before. I think it was TV, Receiver, then PS3.

I unplugged it and tried it again. This time it works perfectly on my A/V receiver. :) The sound comes from the A/V receiver and the video goes to the projector. :)

Harry B1

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
how will I get sound from Netflix if I plug Chromecast directly to a 1080p projector? when I plugged it in,
the video part works fine... The projector is the Sony VPL-HW50ES 3D projector.

I tried plugging it into my A/V receiver which is also connected via HDMI to the same projector... it would
not recognize the Chromecast at all. I have this Sony STR-DA5800ES A/V receiver Sony STR-DA5800ES 9.2-channel home theater receiver, Internet-ready at Crutchfield.com

It should work fine with any HDMI port. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2g2eGe4ymBw