Netflix offer ending.

anon(5857193)

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
So glad I bought mine on day one!

How does this affect other retailers though? Do they have their own allotment of Netflix promo codes?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

drhere

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
So glad I bought mine on day one!

How does this affect other retailers though? Do they have their own allotment of Netflix promo codes?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

From what i have been hearing, I think the offer being terminated is universal, it probably is what Netflix had allotted, so once 3pm PT comes and goes today, that's it.

drhere

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
I bought mine yesterday from Amazon while they had the promo. The offer was even on the product page, so I hope not.

anon(5857193)

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I don't think this change will affect orders already placed. Every retailer has been advertising the Netflix deal. I don't think they can just back out of it if you already bought a Chromecast.

Arallu

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Netflix just got Googled! That must have been some deal Google offered them for 3/mo free for all of these initial purchases (that lasted all of 1 day).

NealJ777

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Since I don't see any BestBuy.com orders mentioned on here, I'll jump in.

I ordered via BestBuy.com yesterday at 6:05 PM EDT. I received my "order has shipped" notice about 12 PM (EDT) today and received my Netflix promo code about 5:30 PM (EDT) today.

I don't have my Cast yet. Should I just go ahead and enter the code now, or wait until I actually have the Cast (so I can maximize the 90 days)?? :)

Kiersten_Kress

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
I bought mine from Best Buy retail store at 1:33pm today. The Netflix code was printed on the same receipt.
(the code was also automatically emailed to my email address that Best Buy RewardZone had on file)

My friend just came back from the same store. She bought it at 6:30pm and the Netflix code still got printed.

Gunnyman

Apr 10, 2010
Visit site
I ordered online for in store pickup.
I am supposed to get an email and haven't yet. Placed my order at 1:30 PM EST and the info I have says a code will be emailed to me.

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
I ordered a total of seven (7) on Thursday, in two batches. Five in the first order, two in the second order, about 20 minutes later. I got five codes for the first batch ? which we'll be giving away with all five of those Chromecasts, btw ? and zero for the other two. (And nada for the two I got today from Amazon.)

Kiersten_Kress

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
I ordered online for in store pickup.
I am supposed to get an email and haven't yet. Placed my order at 1:30 PM EST and the info I have says a code will be emailed to me.

Have you actually picked it up in person yet? I think Best Buy doesn't consider the purchase "complete" until the product is picked up by a real person.

Explicit

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Ordered mine from Amazon yesterday around 1, but they never sent me the code. Looks like I have to contact Amazon about where the code may be.

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I ordered a total of seven (7) on Thursday, in two batches. Five in the first order, two in the second order, about 20 minutes later. I got five codes for the first batch ? which we'll be giving away with all five of those Chromecasts, btw ? and zero for the other two. (And nada for the two I got today from Amazon.)
Lemme have a code, Phillips! :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox