Chromecast Can Cast Your Entire Desktop Screen Too, Not Just Tabs

tnt118

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
From the comments (and my own personal experience) this might be a OS-X only feature at the moment. Does anyone on Windows get the "Cast entire screen" option?

Jrockttu

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
As cool as it is, it is nowhere close to wi-di. It has really really bad lag when it's casting a tab. The videos I've watched (Youtube and netflix) are great quality, no artifacting, and no lagging. The tab casting is a completely different story. Hopefully they can fix that all.

Eric Read

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Casting entire desktop? How are you doing that?

I have windows 7. 64-bit if that matters. And I just downloaded the Chrome cast extension for the desktop Chrome yesterday. I can only cast individual tabs. I don't see that "cast entire desktop" option.

EDIT: ok, now I see it. You have to click the little triangle to select it. Cool. The resolution is 720p instead of my desktop resolution 1080. But kind of a neat feature. Hope they get it working at 1080.

WhoMe

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Im on Mountain Lion and its there. Its the little downward facing triangle thingie..top right of the extension. Click around, its there.

P.S. And while tab casting works pretty good. Desktop casting...on my 2010 iMac, no bueno. Lots of beach ball twirling.

shelbz

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
aNurkf5.png

Nope not there

Im on Mountain Lion and its there. Its the little downward facing triangle thingie..top right of the extension. Click around, its there.

P.S. And while tab casting works pretty good. Desktop casting...on my 2010 iMac, no bueno. Lots of beach ball twirling.

Chromecaster

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
SO i had a question, i can cast the entire desktop however is there a way to multi task while doing that.. so far example i wanna play a movie and also work on desktop.. I know if i do tab casting i can Alt+Tab and continue doing other work however since screen casting shows your current screen this wouldn't work... Any one has any ideas?

I tried installing Dexpot which creates multiple virtual desktops however chromecast will pick the desktop i move to, hence rendering this solution ineffective.. I guess VM's might be another way.. Any other suggestions will be appreciated..

dmiller440

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Why cant we cast from Chrome on Android? What's up with that!
SO i had a question, i can cast the entire desktop however is there a way to multi task while doing that.. so far example i wanna play a movie and also work on desktop.. I know if i do tab casting i can Alt+Tab and continue doing other work however since screen casting shows your current screen this wouldn't work... Any one has any ideas?

I tried installing Dexpot which creates multiple virtual desktops however chromecast will pick the desktop i move to, hence rendering this solution ineffective.. I guess VM's might be another way.. Any other suggestions will be appreciated..

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

The only solution is to use two monitors.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance