I just bought my 2nd Chromecast dongle today from a best buy in MN! What I didn't expect was that they also gave me 3 months free of netflix after the promo was supposed to have ended! Yay! My question is , does anyone know if I can use this promo twice? Since I bought it twice I have 2 codes now!
    07-27-2013 01:05 PM
    Could have been a mistake. Guess you will find out when/if you use the promo code.
    07-27-2013 01:19 PM
    From what I read, you can only apply the 3month promo to your account once. You can give the other away, or I guess start a new netflix account with another email address and get another 3 months free on that one.
    07-27-2013 01:24 PM
    I guess if thats the case, I will be giving it out as a gift..... Was hoping to use it twice.
    07-27-2013 01:30 PM
    Bought at BB online last night, picked up at local store today, and just successfully applied the code for 3 months free Netflix. BB provided the code as a digital download in my BB online account.
    07-27-2013 04:12 PM
    I just bought my 2nd Chromecast dongle today from a best buy in MN! What I didn't expect was that they also gave me 3 months free of netflix after the promo was supposed to have ended! Yay! My question is , does anyone know if I can use this promo twice? Since I bought it twice I have 2 codes now!
    I'm amazed that you found a BBY that has them in stock. I went into two stores yesterday and I was told that every store in my area has been sold out since Thursday.
    07-27-2013 04:17 PM
    The Netflix promo code doesn't have to be redeemed until 12/31/2013 so you can use one now and another in 3-mos. I don't know for sure but my guess would be you can only use one promo code per account. If that is in fact the case then you can just create a new account in 3-mos when you're ready to use the second promo code you have.
    07-27-2013 04:48 PM
    I can also confirm Best Buy hasn't run out of Netflix codes yet. I just bought one today from a store in NorCal (last one they had, lucky me). Code was printed right on the receipt, and I now have a $24.97 credit on my account. Don't know how long it'll last, but if you can find a Best Buy that has them in stock, get 'em while the getting's good.
    07-27-2013 06:34 PM
    I still haven't received my Netflix code from ordering online at best buy on day one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2
    07-27-2013 07:02 PM
    I guess if thats the case, I will be giving it out as a gift..... Was hoping to use it twice.
    I have two too. I tried to enter the code twice and it told me i have to let the other one expire before I can use the other one.
    anon154738 likes this.
    07-27-2013 07:46 PM
    I have two too. I tried to enter the code twice and it told me i have to let the other one expire before I can use the other one.
    I hope that's the case! Though it would be nice to apply it to next month's Bill since its hardly 3 free month's for me since I pay $18 a month. I know I'm getting greedy. :-)
    07-28-2013 12:32 AM
    I'm amazed that you found a BBY that has them in stock. I went into two stores yesterday and I was told that every store in my area has been sold out since Thursday.
    Yeah, I was too! I can confirm that any best buy within 100 miles of me is sold out now. I do find it amazing how fast these things sold in store and online! Commercials are overrated apparently! :-)
    07-28-2013 12:35 AM
    went to my girlfriends best buy last night, grabbed the last chromecast on long island... mine was "accidentally" put in the back behind product until i came and got it

was rung up, 2 minutes later i got the email with the netflix promo code. haven't tried it yet though
    07-28-2013 04:17 PM
    In regards to getting a code from bestbuy online purchases...

They don't send you the code. They treat it like a digital download. So you have to go to your order status on bestbuy.com and then click through to the digital downloads for your account... wait, I know its not a download... then you select download (I think) and it will show you the redemption code. It won't really download anything. Copy and paste it into your my account area of netflix, if you already have an account, and your good to go.

Sounds stupid, I know, but that is how they set it up.
    07-28-2013 06:45 PM
    went to my girlfriends best buy last night, grabbed the last chromecast on long island... mine was "accidentally" put in the back behind product until i came and got it
    LOL. Yeah, one BBY I called told me "The computer says that we have one in stock, but no one is able to find it."
    07-29-2013 05:26 AM
    I was able to have a friend buy me one at a Best Buy in St. Louis on Saturday. The store still had 4 left. My friend wanted to buy two, but the store would only sell one per person. I got the Netflix code too
    07-29-2013 04:41 PM
    Yeah, I received the offer myself at Best Buy... Went home and the offer was sitting in my email inbox.

J
    07-30-2013 09:33 AM
    The best bet is to check Best Buy website each morning....

Here is West Palm Beach.... all stores by Saturday the 27th were sold out in over a 100 miles radius of me...

I kept checking and this morning, two location listed them as "in store only".

So, guess where I was at 10am this morning?

I went in the store and they had around 30 of them.... 1 per customer.....

and it did come with a Netflix 3 month freebee... I have already a Netflix account, but the code worked and gave me a 3 month credit!
    07-30-2013 03:02 PM
    The best bet is to check Best Buy website each morning....

Here is West Palm Beach.... all stores by Saturday the 27th were sold out in over a 100 miles radius of me...

I kept checking and this morning, two location listed them as "in store only".

So, guess where I was at 10am this morning?

I went in the store and they had around 30 of them.... 1 per customer.....
    That "in store only" apparently doesn't work in every case. I was watching their site expecting the same thing. One BB close to me switched to show "in store only" this morning, so I stopped by, only to find that they still didn't have any.

Incidentally, when you DO see them in the store, where do they display them? The stores around here don't even appear to have ever had a display of them.
    07-30-2013 05:04 PM
    That "in store only" apparently doesn't work in every case. I was watching their site expecting the same thing. One BB close to me switched to show "in store only" this morning, so I stopped by, only to find that they still didn't have any.

Incidentally, when you DO see them in the store, where do they display them? The stores around here don't even appear to have ever had a display of them.
    The two stores I checked this week (one saturday which sold out before I got there and one today that listed "in store only" this morning online) both had Google end caps in the Computer section. They were displaying the Chromecast units and the New Nexus 7 units.
    DWS44 likes this.
    07-30-2013 06:50 PM
    When I got mine, they were keeping it behind the counter in the home theater section. I'm guessing they didn't bother setting up a display since they sold so quickly. I overheard one of the employees saying their system showed 19 in stock even though the actual number was 0 because they sold them faster than the system could update.
    07-31-2013 06:07 PM
    I just ordered 2 online @ Bestbuy.com and both come with the 3 months of Netflix!
    08-01-2013 11:19 AM
    When I got mine, they were keeping it behind the counter in the home theater section. I'm guessing they didn't bother setting up a display since they sold so quickly. I overheard one of the employees saying their system showed 19 in stock even though the actual number was 0 because they sold them faster than the system could update.
    got one today at Best Buy and it still came with the code for 3 months of Netflix. I entered the code into my Netflix account and it worked. By the way, I think it's silly that Netflix doesn't allow you to enter the code via their Android app. I had to use a computer to do it.
    08-01-2013 02:22 PM
    Ordered online and got code today. Hope it ships quickly!
    08-01-2013 02:36 PM
    I just ordered 2 online @ Bestbuy.com and both come with the 3 months of Netflix!
    They are sold out how can you order (2)??
    Unicorn Rancher likes this.
    08-01-2013 02:53 PM