I can't believe NO Chromecast Extension for Nexus 7 Chrome

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
And regardless of what Google has or hasn't spelled out, printed directly on the Chromecast box is this: "Send video or anything on the Web to your TV from your smartphone, tablet or laptop." At this point at least, that's false advertising. Tons of small print on the bottom, but it doesn't excuse that sentence.

I challenge you to show that exact quote anywhere on the website.

Edit: Yes the actual box says that on the back, but I believe you are splitting hairs here. The website correctly states what it will and will not do.

Mike Miller12

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Only reason I bought nexus 7 and chromecast was to stream browser to my TV. Returning both to bestbuy tomorrow and hooking my htpc back to my TV. Waste of time and money. How could you release such a products and not have them work together? Google obviously thinks they are loosing revenue somehow if they do, but they are only pissing people off. I'll check out apple when I return my google products tomorrow.

Mike Miller12

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
I already have all these apps on my Xbox, PlayStation, blue ray player, and smart TV. The only thing chromecast is good for at present is YouTube, which I already have on 4 other devices. Come on google! Seriously? No streaming chrome browser support? So pissed I may never buy another google or android device.

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
You can do it on every android smartphone and tablet but you can't make it work for chromecast? Bull****

Do you understand how chromecast works? It handles casting from a desk top vastly differently than casting from an app. Saying tablets and phones can browse the internet, so should the chromecast is like saying my jeep can drive off road so should my RV.

scrounger

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Do your research before you purchase. Chromecast has been available for months. Even this thread was started 3 months ago.

Posted via Android Central App

Mike Miller12

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Who cares what the technical issues are, the box states " send videos or anything on the Web to your TV from your smartphone, tablet or laptop." This is an outright LIE.

scrounger

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Who cares what the technical issues are, the box states " send videos or anything on the Web to your TV from your smartphone, tablet or laptop." This is an outright LIE.

If you think you have a chance, why don't you sue Google for false advertising. Your time, gas and frustration are worth something.

Posted via Android Central App

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site

Read the rest of the info on the box IIRC there is clarification about what casts from where/what.There definately is on the website.

Mike Miller12

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
When you are are an average consumer shopping and buying by impulse, which is most of us, you LARGE print on the box is, again, an outright lie. I'm supposed to do research in the store on the web with my smartphone for a $40 purchase? Shame on you Google.

Mike Miller12

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
I am also 52 yes old and need strong reading glasses...um...geese...wait till your 52, punk, could you hide it any better? My god, this really takes the cake. Will never buy another google product. Happy now? I will also point this all out to my friends who buy for they're kids. What a ridiculous argument and false advertising...unbelievable.

Mike Miller12

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
There is definetly NO CLARIFICATION THAT IT WONT WORK FROM A TABLET. SHOULD I I TAKE A PICTURE AND LET THE CONSUMERS DECIDE? Think I'm going to make this my personal vendetta, although google may turn me in to the government.

Mike Miller12

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
They can put a little chip in your phone, track your movements, your purchases, what time you get up, who you call, who calls you, what you watch and do on the web, maybe even when you ****! Lol. And you can't cast chrome from the nexus 7 to your own product? Maybe it was made in China. Oops...maybe I shouldn't have said that!

Mike Miller12

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
So now the Chinese government knows my movements and buying habits too! Who knows what else they stuck in there? Maybe they know I love Maggie from the Walking Dead!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie