Hi guys,

My Chromecast works perfectly from my laptop. I can cast Netflix, youtube, etc. The problem is on my Droid Bionic. I am only able to cast from the Android Youtube app. There isn't even an option in the Android Netflix app or Google Play Music or Google Play Movies/TV.

The "Cast" Icon that appears in the Android Youtube App is nowhere to be found in the Android Netflix/Google Play apps on my phone. I have the latest updates of all these apps and have Jellybean on my phone. I even cleared the Google Play Music cache and did a factory reset of the phone with no success.

I called Google and they said it's a hardware problem with my phone and to call Motorola. I tried that and they said it was the Chromecast. So now I'm just going in circles.

Any suggestions?

Thank you
    07-29-2013 01:07 PM
    Can you see the device in the Android Chromecast app?
    07-29-2013 04:06 PM
    Try to factory reset the Chromecast.
    07-29-2013 04:42 PM
    No it doesn't show up but still works on Android Youtube app. Any idea why it wouldn't show up for Android but shows up from laptop Chromecast app?
    07-29-2013 04:42 PM
    Same problem on my sister-in-law's Verizon based Motorola Droid Bionic running Android 4.1.2: YouTube works on the phone but Netflix, not able to try Google Play app because she doesn't have any purchases. No Chromecast icon in Netflix, but there is in YouTube.

I have a Verizon based Samsung Galaxy S3 and my apps work, same Android 4.1.2 and our apps are the same verisons/builds.

Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you!!
    07-31-2013 04:47 PM
    This is covered a little more in depth here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/goo...ionic-etc.html
    07-31-2013 05:47 PM
    Hi guys,

My Chromecast works perfectly from my laptop. I can cast Netflix, youtube, etc. The problem is on my Droid Bionic. I am only able to cast from the Android Youtube app. There isn't even an option in the Android Netflix app or Google Play Music or Google Play Movies/TV.

The "Cast" Icon that appears in the Android Youtube App is nowhere to be found in the Android Netflix/Google Play apps on my phone. I have the latest updates of all these apps and have Jellybean on my phone. I even cleared the Google Play Music cache and did a factory reset of the phone with no success.

I called Google and they said it's a hardware problem with my phone and to call Motorola. I tried that and they said it was the Chromecast. So now I'm just going in circles.

Any suggestions?

Thank you
    09-26-2013 10:49 AM
    hi all, this worked for me on my galaxy s4 with netflix and i'm sure with google music, tv, etc[yeah, youtube was all that was showing the cast icon].

1. uninstall netflix & chromecast from phone, just deleting data from netflix didn't help, so do a clean install
    2. reinstall netflix and login, you should now see a cast icon
    3. now reinstall chromecast and cast away!

hope this helps. i was frustrated also to suddenly find i couldn't cast when it was working in the past [bean 4.3], now it's all good.

cheers!
    09-26-2013 10:57 AM
    did you ever solve this?

this just started happening to me in the last week on my samsung note 3

the chromecast icon vanished from netflix and google play apps

it still works fine with youtube app, and other cast apps
    09-13-2014 05:06 PM
    Thank you! Worked for my Samsung Galaxy 3!
    03-05-2015 10:23 PM