Chromecast supporting app wishlist

NealJ777

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I know there's a list of apps that are already supporting the Chromecast, so how about a "Wish List"??

Here's a list of a few apps I would like to see on the Chromecast and the developer's website (so we can bug them!).

I don't think we're permitted to publish e-mail addresses here on the forum. So, I'll just say that the contact info for many of these companies are in Google Play. :)

CBS Interactive:

TV.com
CBS News
C|NET
ZD Net

NBC

NBC Universal, Inc.

ABC

Hulu

Dan29466

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
The obvious answer is "any movie player". Let the Chromekey stream directly from my server without any copy/paste workaround silliness in Chrome.

I also want:
* Photos from android/iphone to the Chromekey.
* Currents - when I initiate the cast, turn off the display on the phone but leave the touchscreen active so I can swipe through articles. Back button to turn the screen back on.
* Google+ because duh.

Dan

renegademoose

May 9, 2011
Visit site
About the only apps I'd love to see are Hulu and Pocketcasts for watching video podcasts. It would be great to have more support for everything, but those are the ones I can see myself using on the device.

jaredsutter

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Google+; Drive/Docs - especially for PowerPoints (use your phone or tablet to advance slides or even draw or write on the slide while its on display), but also for any other media stored in the cloud; Slacker Radio

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
HBOGo (without paying for a cable subscription - I'll happily pay HBO directly) and Amazon Prime/Instant. And something that allows live sports games.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

George Nichols

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I received an email from Flixter representative saying they are interested in the chromecast. They are looking into updated their app with the feature but no timeline is indicated when. Vudu hasn't announced anything yet. Hopefully they will.

Jabreky

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
TuneIn Radio
Kamin hit the nail right on the head: TuneIn Radio!!! TuneIn Radio on Chromecast would be a major win for everybody involved. It would be a major win for Google; it would be a major win for TuneIn; it would be a major win for radio stations; and it would be a major win for consumers. I hope somebody at Google or TuneIn is reading this thread.

Last edited:

Kamin

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Kamin hit the nail right on the head: TuneIn Radio!!! TuneIn Radio on Chromecast would be a major win for everybody involved. It would be a major win for Google; it would be a major win for TuneIn; it would be a major win for radio stations; and it would be a major win for consumers. I hope somebody at Google or TuneIn is reading this thread.

I have confidence that TuneIn will be able to cast at some point. TuneIn has been awesome at adding Google services to their app. Just give 'em a little time. ;-)