Chromecast won't ....cast

SuperIVIan11

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Hi. I work in a school and so I wanted to hook my Chromecast up to my video projector. I was able to run the setup process. Only problem, no matter what I try, I get errors when trying cast something. I've tried Chrome Browser, Youtube app form my Nexus 4, Netflix from Nexus 4, and I tried my Google Play Music. For the Chrome Browser on my PC, Youtube app, and Netflix I got errors when trying to stream and for the music app I didn't even get the cast button. We already have an Apple TV doing this in our Media room just fine, so I'm not sure why Chromecast won't stream.

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Apple TV is very different than Chromecast. Check how strong the WiFi connection is in the area you are trying to cast. Remember the chromecast is not 5ghz. So you are concerned about 2.4 ghz. If both devices [Chromecast and what you are casting from] are not approved to work on the WiFi LAN then itmwil not work.

Finallynsome people have issues when casting from a device thatn is connected to the LAN by CAT5 cable. This seems to be Dependant on the type of router you have.

Craig King

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I expereinced something kind of like this the other day from my phone. I couldn't get anything to work from my Galaxy Note. I finally got it to work after succesfully casting from my Nexus 10. I think it was a issue with last state of the Chromecast and my phone were in. Now i just make a point of disconnecting the Chromecast from my device before I am done. I haven't had a problem since

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
My first question is.... What do the errors say?

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I expereinced something kind of like this the other day from my phone. I couldn't get anything to work from my Galaxy Note. I finally got it to work after succesfully casting from my Nexus 10. I think it was a issue with last state of the Chromecast and my phone were in. Now i just make a point of disconnecting the Chromecast from my device before I am done. I haven't had a problem since

What do you mean by ' disconnecting chromecast from your device '?

Craig King

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Not able to test it at the moment, but it was essentially tap the chromecast icon again when done with streaming so it was no longer blue and back to grey just like it was before starting the cast. That essentially disconnects the device from the CC and puts it back to a clean state and ready for a new connection.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12