If I were to order a Chromecast right now, where should I order from?

dasaucemasta

May 10, 2011
Visit site
So I went on my second wild goose chase to my local best buy in MD.. they listed it as in stock today in store but when I got there they checked the computer and they said they didn't receive a shipment. I'm resigning myself to the fact that I should just order online.

Which site will be faster, Amazon or the play store? I would think Google would take care of their own orders first before giving Amazon any inventory but I'm not sure how true that is. I also have prime so that free two day shipping us always nice. Which site is better to order from, or is it basically just a crap shoot at this point?

Sent from my Droid DNA using AC Forums mobile app

Craig King

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Probably just a crap shoot. I think they are both having faily significant delays at this point. With that said I would do the Google Play store.

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Play Store. Their back order is not as bad. I have had luck at Best Buy twice. However, second time I told them I wasn't leaving without them checking whole store because I drove for 40 minutes to get them. They had six just first guy couldn't be bothered to help me.
Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Play Store. Their back order is not as bad. I have had luck at Best Buy twice. However, second time I told them I wasn't leaving without them checking whole store because I drove for 40 minutes to get them. They had six just first guy couldn't be bothered to help me.
Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

If that happen to me I would have gotten the manager and let him know exactly what happen, and tell them next time you will go to Amazon or some other company. That usually gets their attention.

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
The two at customer service were extremely helpful. No need to get the manager.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using AC Forums mobile app

NoAck

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I ordered from both. Whichever ships first I'll try cancel the other. If they both ship at the same time, then i guess someone will get one for Christmas.

Posted via Android Central App

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Personally I always try to order Google products from the Google store when its close to there premier release date. I find I get better support on Newer products when I do this.

Y2Dre

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I just bought my second one from a local Best Buy...complete with the Netflix code on the receipt. You just have to keep looking for it. The sales reps verified that they are receiving stock in small numbers and are selling out fast. For the record, my first one was ordered from the Play Store hours after launch.

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance