Unable to find Chromecast on Wifi network during setup

jharo

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I have an Actiontec PK500 modem/router. I've made sure that the uPnP is enabled. I can't get this thing to setup. Anyone have this setup and got it to work?

Last edited by a moderator:

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Re: unable to find chromecast on wifi network during setup

Are you trying from your phone or browser?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using AC Forums mobile app

jharo

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site

Both. It seems to be a settings issue with my router.

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site

Ensure that wireless isolation (or any labeled form of network isolation) is disabled, though it shouldn't be enabled unless it was manually set that way. I've also run into this issue when setting up Chromecasts occasionally, and I had to do a factory reset (hold down the small reset button on the Chromecast for 30 seconds) and repeat the setup process in order for it to be detected. You might try that as well. :)

jharo

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site

thx for the info, but it didn't work. I have an email to google. I hope they can help. They're support person I spoke with was no help at all.

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site

I'm having the same problem with my Belkin N300 router. I searched forum and they say disable something isolation, but can't find the option. What I wanna ask is that only updating your router/modem firmware then it works? Thanks.

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site

I'm having the same problem with my Belkin N300 router. I searched forum and they say disable something isolation, but can't find the option. What I wanna ask is that only updating your router/modem firmware then it works? Thanks.

The option should be in wireless and advanced settings. Also make sure upnp is enabled.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

simpleguy2

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site

I had a Belkin/Chromecast problem. Solved by finding the WPS button on the n300. And pushing that during setup. All now works as advertised.

kjellrunes

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site

I have a similar problem using my D-Link DIR 600 router. I'm not able to find it during setup.
I've enabled UPnP and disabled AP isolation.
I have also enabled multicast streams and wireless enhance mode, but it still doesn't work.

Using WEP security mode btw.

Anyone else having similar issues?

joeynumbers

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site

I know with the belkin (150 I think) I had to press the try again button quite a few times to make it connect. It is definitely a router issue as with other routers I have seen it work flawless.

Posted via Android Central App

njkingsley

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
Hi, I am using a Belkin N300 router and it says that Chromecast cannot connect to my router. Does anyone know how to resolve this? I couldnt find most of the options like IGMP in my router but the list of supported modems does have this listed

jmsvasquez

Aug 17, 2015
Visit site
Hi, I had the exact same problem and fixed it by changing my router security from 'WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK' to 'WPA2-PSK'. Then suddenly my Chromecast detected my wifi SSID. You gotta get into your router config in your browser. Type in 192.168.1.1 (or find out which IP address it is for your router model) or 10.1.1.1 as a URL. This will allow you to change router settings.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca