Chromecast at best buy

aimfire72

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
I work at a Best Buy. We buy ours whenever the store opens, we fill customer orders first, and there is no reason why employees shouldn't be treated like customers. We get paid **** and do not get a discount on the Chromecast..

What customer orders? Not available to order online for store pickup! Always wondered why people would go through the hassle of scalping on eBay for a measly $20-35 profit... but you say you don't get paid ****, so that's probably a ton of money for you guys.

Posted via Android Central App

titaniumSS

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, probably... for the past few weeks I've been rushing over to several BB's when I'd see they had them in stock on the web site. And I'd ALWAYS get the same story: "Sorry, we just sold out an hour ago." So I was at BB a few days ago exchanging an N7, casually asked the customer service girl if they had any in stock - she gave me the same old "sold out an hour ago" story. Didn't seem right, this BB is out of the way and always has stuff in stock. So I went to the computer section, asked the girl there, and she went in the back to check... One minute later, she comes out with a Chromecast for me! So yeah... sold out, huh?

Employees are totally setting them aside for themselves and friends. Same exact crap happened with the HP Touchpad fire sale a couple years ago. :/

That's just ****ty employees. I haven't seen any employees set any aside at my store, but I know my store usually has a little more dignity than others (even in our area).

What customer orders? Not available to order online for store pickup! Always wondered why people would go through the hassle of scalping on eBay for a measly $20-35 profit... but you say you don't get paid ****, so that's probably a ton of money for you guys.

Customer orders are the ones that were put through when they first came out. You could order them. Also there is an in store way to order them called OMS that tells us more than just a simple click of a button online. Maybe you buy and resell things for twice the price but I'd rather not risk our bad pay. Bad pay is still pay, but there isn't any false sense of accomplishment for me there. There is a reason why I'm back in college to go forth with a career that has nothing to do with retail businesses.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I got mine at best buy 2 weeks ago or so. Had one on order from Google. I called bust by out of the blue and they said they would have some the next day. Went and they did. With Netflix I might add

FaisDogg

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Best buy gets them in on regular basis but they get sold out same day before they make it to their online inventory, call your local BB and pick one up as soon as it gets out of the truck...that how I got mine, while it's still out of stock online

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

JFetch

May 26, 2010
Visit site
My local BB gets their stock in on Thursdays at 1:00pm and they sell out that day. That's the same time I have to be at work. Everything is working against me here.

gonecks1

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I picked one up today in store (Algonquin, IL). I haven't gotten a netflix code yet and nothing on my receipt to indicate I will. Anyone else pick one up in the last day or so? I see online its still promoting the netflix deal.

hackbart

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I picked one up today in store (Algonquin, IL). I haven't gotten a netflix code yet and nothing on my receipt to indicate I will. Anyone else pick one up in the last day or so? I see online its still promoting the netflix deal.

I got one yesterday at a Best Buy in Tulsa. It had the code on the receipt and they sent it to me in email too. It worked. I'm watching Netflix now.

I was lucky they had just got a shipment in. Wasn't even put out on the shelf yet.

gonecks1

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I got one yesterday at a Best Buy in Tulsa. It had the code on the receipt and they sent it to me in email too. It worked. I'm watching Netflix now.

I was lucky they had just got a shipment in. Wasn't even put out on the shelf yet.

After reading up on bestbuy unboxed, it looks like a lot of people have mistakenly not been given the netflix code. I put a email in, so hopefully tomorrow I'll get my code. Wife already has a netflix account, it'd be nice to save her three months worth

willizen

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I have a gift card to for best buy and and I check the Web site daily and it says sold out... Any ideas when google will be able meet demand?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

You should look to see if the stores in your area have any. I live in a major metropolitan area, and there are several best buys near that have chromecast in stock. You cannot buy the chromecast online for in store pickup, but you can search the store inventory in your area.

pseudoware

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
As of 11:15 this morning the store in Emeryville, Ca had 5.

Dude there told me they stock the display with around 10 or 12 before opening if a shipment comes in that morning, and they're gone by noon or 1:00 pm. They've been OOS the last couple days but said a shipment is "in transit".

Called a few other Bay Areas BBs, same story - OOS.

Paulyboy

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I was just at the Best Buy here in Tampa, about a mile from my house, and while they had them in stock they did not include the Netflix promotion. I specifically asked them to check on that and they said it wasn't included. I was going to buy a second one if I could have gotten that promotion but didn't want the second one bad enough to pay full price so I passed.

-PN

patchs

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I lucked out big time.
Originally, I wasn't going to get a CC since I have 2 Rokus but I thought it would be a cool idea to cast (using the Chrome browser) my NFL Sunday Ticket sub on our non-DirecTV hooked up TV where my wife can watch TV on our big TV.
So I checked BestBuy.com for instore availability, none in my area had them, so I ordered from Google.
Later that day, I again checked BB, and the store I had driven by earlier in the day, had it. Crap, figured I missed my chance.
Then 2 days later, I checked again, and another BB in another area had them. I had to work and didn't have time to go (45 minute drive) but I knew my father-in-law had to take my daughter to a doctor's appt.
I printed out the page from BB.com and gave him that and the money. I was hoping they weren't going to sell out again.
Nope, he got it, and the 3 free months of Netflix, (Thanks BB), and I canceled my Google order.
It is a cool device, love casting YouTube, which the Roku can't do out of the box and using Chrome for web video.

JFetch

May 26, 2010
Visit site
My Chromecast from Best Buy is sitting at the house. I finally just cancelled my Amazon order after a month of waiting.

UsedName

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Just bought my chromecast yesterday from my local best buy. Now just waiting for more apps or allcast to come back.... already have YouTube and Netflix on my ps3.