Chromecast-NO SOUND

snowbug8

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
I am using my device with an Android, version 2.3.4 Google play said I cound not download chrome because my phone was not up to date enough. However, last nite all of a sudden it showed up on my phone and I was able to operate it and direct chromecast on my TV. My only problem is I have no sound. Is it possible my device is defective? My phone doesn't seem to have any problem with sound. It shows up on the tv screen that I am trying to adjust the volume. It even said to raise the volume on the TV and I did. Still nothing. . .any ideas? Thanks

jaredsutter

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like an issue either with the TV or the ChromeCast. Try a different HDMI port and make sure that the TV volume is turned up. If it still doesn't work, try to get a replacement.

snowbug8

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
My chromecast is pluged into the supplied HDMI extension. I will first change HDMI ports then loose the port extension and see what happens. Thanks for the reply and options.

snowbug8

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Something so simple. . .changing HDMI ports did the trick! Thank-you so much!! (I feel really stupid) It's like having 2 keys to one device and one would not work! What do you do? OMG, and I am not Blonde! Thank-you, Thank-you, Thank-you! Now, I want more apps too!

Chris Fretwell

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I had the same issue on an older TV that had numerous rca connections on the back. The hdmi requires additional rca audio inputs, which makes chromecast unusable on this particular tv

Sam Spade

Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Stop talking out of your (edited by Moderator) , you dont even know what tv the op has ... (edited by Moderator)

Last edited by a moderator:

Sam Spade

Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
chromecast is a piece of (edited by Moderator) , the sound works randomly ...one hour it will be fine the next it wont.. yet I can stream films. movies. tv programs useing my xbox to my tv without a single problem

Last edited by a moderator:

Jaime Bravo1

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
I just bought ChromeCast yesterday. Set up was easy. I had great video but no audio. This was from using both my Samsung Galaxy4 and my laptop as the sources to cast to my TV. I could get every App to play with no problem, just couldn't hear it.

I unplugged the TV for 5 minutes, plugged it back in, turned on the TV and guess what? I had audio. Not sure if this will work for all, but did for me.

Small_law

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Things are bumpy when you first set it up and update it. I got my second one yesterday and it wouldn't display video right after I updated it after I plugged it in for the first time. After a reboot, all was well.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma