New user questions

sethm1

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
New to chromecast.
First off is there an online manual that could answer the following or just post in a forum?

1. When I'm done watching a vide, do I simply switch to a different input on my tv? Or IS there some sort of on/off "switch" ?
2. Am I correct that for now the Chrome browser app I have on my Samsung galaxy nexus phone does not transmit to the Chrome Cast and the Tv?

booboolala2000

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed that if you have a CEC enabled HDMI port used, you need to stop playing movies or music. Not pause. If you pause it will switch back to the chromecast HDMI. Simply stop playback using whatever method. And then you have to manually switch back to another HDMI input.

Currently no mobile version of chrome supports chromecast.
Posted via Android Central App and my Nexus 4 or 7

sethm1

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I have no idea if my tv is CEC capable.
I have been pausing the video - as not clear how to stop a video.

Hoping Google will update the Chrome browser & Cast to allow use of both together. Does kind seem like a no brainer.

Also something odd- using my galaxy nexus ph, I don't know why, but when i went to use my PC I could not connect to the interest. Turns out my ph was still connected to the chromecast. So when on the ph I turned off its wi-fi I then on my PC was able to get internet access.
That seems odd to me.

Hoping for Google to send out an update soon.

Last edited: