How To Get Amazon Prime Movies Working With Chromecast

Scutley

May 17, 2013
Visit site
So ever since I got Chromecast I was able to watch TV shows/Movies/etc... through Amazon Prime Movies. I was able to do this on my downstairs computer with no problem. With my upstairs TV I wasn't able to cast it. Well, on my upstairs TV I notice that it told me that I need to install Microsoft Silverlight (when I clicked on a show/movie to watch, it tells me to install Silverlight). Well I installed it and hit my cast button on my Google Chrome Browser, and it gave me nothing on my Google Chromecast only a blank screen.

So I uninstalled Silverlight, because if my downstairs computer is able to cast Amazon Prime Movies on my Google Chrome, there has to be a way for my upstairs TV to do so, and I was going to get it to work. So, I went to try to watch a show again. I clicked the "watch now" icon on the site to watch the show. I notice in then lower right hand corner, below where it tell's me to install Silverlight it says "Or watch it through Adobe Flash." So, I hit that (the Adobe Flash one) and it finally broadcasted just fine on my Google Chromecast, when I hit the cast button on my Google Chrome Browser, and I was able to get Amazon Prime Movies on my Chromecast.

So, in case you guys are having trouble watching Amazon Prime Movies on Chromecast try doing what I did. You might need to uninstall Microsoft Silverlight though.

To uninstall Silverlight I had to go this link (below) to get the directions (I will try to do it the normal way first Control Panel- Add/Remove programs-Uninstall), I couldn't do it the normal way for some reason.

Updates to Silverlight won't install and can't uninstall - Microsoft Community

olgeezer44

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Glad I could help
Hi. I've tried to watch Amazon via a Roku, but it locked up half way through the movie. I bought a Sony blu ray player and it works for amazon via wifi. I also have Chromecast but haven't installed it yet. Sounds like you are watching Amazon going from your pc to Chromecast, is that right? I use google chrome on my pc. Can you please tell me what steps I have to use to go get Amazon on the pc and then to chromecast? Or can you direct me to where this is explained? I'm an Amazon prime member. Thanks for any pointers/help.

stan

Tim Klein1

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi. I've tried to watch Amazon via a Roku, but it locked up half way through the movie. I bought a Sony blu ray player and it works for amazon via wifi. I also have Chromecast but haven't installed it yet. Sounds like you are watching Amazon going from your pc to Chromecast, is that right? I use google chrome on my pc. Can you please tell me what steps I have to use to go get Amazon on the pc and then to chromecast? Or can you direct me to where this is explained? I'm an Amazon prime member. Thanks for any pointers/help.

stan

Alls he is doing is playing the movie on his pc through the chrome browswer and then mirroring his chrome tab onto the TV screen with the chromecast. Very simple thing to do.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

hoosiermama2799

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
Alls he is doing is playing the movie on his pc through the chrome browswer and then mirroring his chrome tab onto the TV screen with the chromecast. Very simple thing to do.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

Exactly. You have to disable Silverlight and use Flash for it to work.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

olgeezer44

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Okay, thanks. Now a movie question. I'm a prime member, but never have watched a movie on the pc. Do I just go online on the pc and rent a movie for delivery to the pc?

hoosiermama2799

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
Yes. Prime movies are free, but there are others, too. If you want to cast it to your TV, uninstall Silverlight. When you are on the movie page in your Chrome browser, it will then ask if you want to watch it with Flash. Say "yes" and watch it on your TV.

olgeezer44

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Many thanks!!!! I found the page on Amazon with some good info on how to watch on your pc. They say you also have to have the latest edition of Flash for it to work. Not sure how to mirror the tab yet, but I can probably figure it out.

Scutley

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Many thanks!!!! I found the page on Amazon with some good info on how to watch on your pc. They say you also have to have the latest edition of Flash for it to work. Not sure how to mirror the tab yet, but I can probably figure it out.

If you don't have the chrome extension go here:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/...us-extensions-categories-google&utm_medium=ha
Go to Google Cast on the page, click on it and add it to the browser.

Restart the browser. You should see a little icon on your browser (right side) it looks like square and has lines (which looks like a wifi signal). Click it and you can cast from there, when you have the Movie you want playing. Then you can pause and stuff from your computer.

Scutley

May 17, 2013
Visit site
It's works with my TV Speakers. Maybe the volume is about 2 bars lower but it just turn it up from my TV remote and it's fine.

Joseph Smith5

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Amazon prime works fine with my computer using chrome and chromecast but it did not have silverlight installed...asked if i wanted to install it or use adobe flash. Selected flash.

Glen Cook

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone gotten this working for prime movies at amazon.co.uk? I can't find any options to select flash. I uninstalled silverlight, but when I try watch a video it insists that I re-install silverlight -- no other options.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabrieldavis