Chromecast Trick for Windows 8. Fullscreen tab casting while doing other things!

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Okay, I use my Chromecast to watch NFL Sunday Ticket on my TV. Sometimes I want the game I'm watching to be full screen, however I want to be able to do other things with my laptop while watching the game. Two solutions. If you use Alt+Tab to switch to another program, your tab stays full screen in the background. If the program you want isn't already open, or you want to browse the web without minimizing your video, go to the Start Screen (via the keyboard, charms bar, or bottom left corner) and you can launch any program or open another instance of Chrome and your video will sitll happily play full screen in the background.

This is great for any video you want to watch full screen that doesn't have native Chromecast support but still want to do other things on your computer. I have used it for HBO GO, NFL Sunday Ticket, as well as a few other video sites.

jddunkley

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I love this, and it used to work perfectly. However, last time I tried using it, Alt+Tab simply minimized the full screen and went back to the regular web page. Did something change with Google Chrome?? Or maybe it's the website I'm using, I'm not sure, but I really wish I could figure out another option so I could keep using the Chromecast from my browser and do other things I need to as well.

Any help would be great!

Jon

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I was just doing it today with no issues. I was casting a team playing a local mp4 file, put it full screen, alt tab'd and went in doing other things.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49