Chromecast becomes Unresponsive to Netflix App

stirling

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
So far I've replicated this behavior on My Note 2, Nexus 7, and Note 10.1. What happens is the Netflix app looses control of the Chromecast after a period of inactivity. I can press the pause button, or play button, and nothing happens to what I'm watching.I have to return to the home screen, and swipe Netflix out of recents, then start it again.
I just recently sold the Nexus, and replaced it with a Note 10.1. I'm just about certain that this wasn't happening, or at least I couldn't get it to happen when I didn't have much loaded on the Note.
This doesn't happen in the Youtube app, just Netflix.
I'm thinking that I likely have an app installed that's causing a conflict, but it's going to be a true pain to reset the Note, and start loading apps one at a time until I decide whether or not I have a culprit.
Anyone have a problem like this, and figure out a solution?

stirling

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
After doing a little testing today, I found that if I clear the memory on the Note 10.1 before I launch Netflix, and then don't run anything else, I can eliminate this happening quite a bit, although not completely. This is making me reaffirm my thought that it's an app conflict. I'll keep testing.

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Do you let the screen go to sleep? Do you have a lock screen enabled with Pin/pattern/password?

I also suspect the average running time on a video from youtube is less than the average Nextflix video. You may want to experiment with a lengthy youtube video to see if the problem surfaces during that.

I have a suspicion that YouTube sends more frequent communication from the casting device [Phone/tablet/PC] and this commuincation prevents any sort of "time out".

hoosiermama2799

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
Do you let the screen go to sleep? Do you have a lock screen enabled with Pin/pattern/password?

My screen timeout is 5 minutes (I lengthened it as I was having problems with Netflix). The Netflix app can spin so long that the screen goes to black. I don't have a lock screen with pin/password. This just started happening after the last Netflix update. Once I reboot the tablet, the Netflix app will sometimes start, but it stays on that red Netflix screen for a long time. Once it starts, I don't have issues with Chromecast, but honestly, I've given up from the Netflix app. If I want to stream to Chromecast from Netflix I'll do it from the main computer, or I watch Amazon Instant Videos instead.

Just grumbling...

stirling

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
All three of those devices are bone stock, no lockscreen, etc. I've experimented, and it happens whether I let the device go to sleep, or if I shut it off manually.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agentirish