I have a Chromecast and HTC One. I also have several 24" monitors on my desk. I'd love to be able to plug the Chromecast into the HDMI port on one of them, and have the video cast to the monitor, while the audio stays on my HTC One (either on built-in speakers or out via the headphone jack). Is this possible?

My monitors do not have speakers...

Thanks in advance!

mg
    09-19-2013 05:22 PM
    I have a Chromecast and HTC One. I also have several 24" monitors on my desk. I'd love to be able to plug the Chromecast into the HDMI port on one of them, and have the video cast to the monitor, while the audio stays on my HTC One (either on built-in speakers or out via the headphone jack). Is this possible?

Thanks in advance!

mg
    This isn't currently possible because the Chromecast wasn't made for that. Maybe an app will come out eventually that will allow you to do this, but for now you can't.
    09-19-2013 06:11 PM

Thanks in advance!

mg
    This would be the ultimate feature additional for anyone that lives in a dorm or apartment. Many people I know got the Roku 3 for the reason sound can be output through the headphone jack of the Roku remote. A pretty sweet setup if Google can find a way to make this possible. The possibility of being able to scream audio and video separately. They'd just have to find a way to keep the lag between device and Chromecast streaming to be in sync.

The Chromecast probably wasn't designed for this as it is its own device streaming from the cloud directly to your TV. Where as AirPlay from Apple streams from your device directly.

Posted via Android Central App
    09-20-2013 10:45 AM