Amazon Instant Video coming soon?

baldbear

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
It’s not the only interesting approach that Amazon has taken with the Fire HDX. While you may not have a physical HDMI connection, you do get support for a wireless secondary display, with Amazon turning to something it knows very well – the cloud – in order to deliver it.

Rather than beaming content stored on the Kindle Fire HDX to the TV, Amazon instead streams a version from the cloud. The upshot is that it leaves the tablet’s processing power completely free to do either second-screen duties, showing relevant content like actor bios, or to do something else, like email or browsing.

Sound like casting to me.

source:Amazon Kindle Fire HDX hands-on

icwhatudidthere

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Your quote stops short:

The downside is that you need a compatible TV, and right now that means a select Samsung Smart TV, or alternatively an Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3. Amazon tells us that situation will change in relatively short order, but couldn?t tell us whether more affordable adapters, like those from Roku, might gain the streaming feature any time soon.

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
So based on that it sounds as though it uses the same interface as Chromecast does. I was able to "cast" YouTube from my phone/tablet to my PS3 long before the Chroemcast was released.

However the end user would still need an App to take advantage of it and since Amazon Prime/Video hasn't released an App for Android....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon