So I have my Chromecast hooked to my TV, and I'm loving that. I just recently found Google Music and I absolutely am in LOVE with it! I can listen on my Android phone, my laptop, or my TV. But what I'd really like is for the music to be played through speakers that are made for that sort of thing and also, if I can get away with it, without having to involve the TV. I want to stay as cheap as possible, and I'm trying to figure out how to do this. Is it easier to rig a cheap home theater system to my TV, or could I hook a new second Chromecast directly to any ol' stereo?
    Thanks,
    Jeff
    11-02-2013 09:07 PM
    If you have an unused input on your stereo / AV receiver you could try a Blue tooth adapter like this one from the Shop Android store
    BlackBerry Music Gateway - Bluetooth Bluetooth Adapters - ShopAndroid

Or research what Amazon has to offer.
    Amazon.com: Bluetooth Adapter for Home Stereo: Electronics

While this doesn't make use of the Chromecast it is the simplest solution.
    11-03-2013 03:12 PM
    So I have my Chromecast hooked to my TV, and I'm loving that. I just recently found Google Music and I absolutely am in LOVE with it! I can listen on my Android phone, my laptop, or my TV. But what I'd really like is for the music to be played through speakers that are made for that sort of thing and also, if I can get away with it, without having to involve the TV. I want to stay as cheap as possible, and I'm trying to figure out how to do this. Is it easier to rig a cheap home theater system to my TV, or could I hook a new second Chromecast directly to any ol' stereo?
    Thanks,
    Jeff
    The HDMI switch I use has audio-out connections that allow feeding my sound system without going through the TV, so when listening to music or any audio from any of the sources I have connected via the switch (Chromecast, Roku3, Blueray, cable box) I can turn the TV off if I want. HDMI switch use with Chromecast was discussed here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/goo...mi-switch.html
    11-04-2013 08:08 AM
    Or do you mean something like this: Amazon.com: HDMI to 3 RCA + VGA Cable M/M 1.8m/6ft: Electronics

Plug the Chromecast into the adapter (with the female to female coupler), then the audio into the stereo. I haven't tried this, but for $13, it's might be worth a try if you don't have a receiver...
    11-04-2013 08:42 AM
    Edit: Since the chromecast has HDCP, you might need an active adapter like this one: Amazon.com: ViewHD Premium HDMI to HDMI + Audio (sPDIF + RAC L/R) Audio Extractor | Converter (New 2013 Model): Electronics
    On the plus side it has an optical output.
    11-04-2013 08:58 AM