Google Chromecast - problems streaming you tube videos

dan smartt

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
Seems to hang up when playing vevo videos, disconnect & reconnect seems to work but a real pain.

Maybe its something with those stupid ads they try & stick in there

Posted via Android Central App

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Seems to hang up when playing vevo videos, disconnect & reconnect seems to work but a real pain.

Maybe its something with those stupid ads they try & stick in there

It might help if you expanded on things a bit. what device are you casting from [PC, Phone Tablet], What update is your Chromecast on? ETC.

dan smartt

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
Nexus 4, android 4.3, it hangs up after about 5 or 6 videos doesn't have to be vevo any vids. Latest chromecast update

Just hangs up displays video name, have to disconnect & reconnect - but then the TV que is empty . a real pain

kott

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
Just wanted to add that I had the exact same issue yesterday. After 5-6 of any YouTube video clips and it just stopped, the title of the video I wanted to play showed up on the TV but the rest was black and nothing happened for over 15 minutes. Easily solved by quickly going back to my device and then back to Chromecast via the YouTube app, just not very efficient.

Tested with:
Chromecast, latest update.
HTC One X, Android 4.2.2, using the YouTube app.
iPad Air, iOS 7.03, using the YouTube app.

Had no issue playing a longer (two hour) video but playing (both overlapping and queued up) clips in a somewhat rapid succession made the last clip not load on the Chromecast.

DSmith1966

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem using my Galaxy S3 or my Laptop with Vevo. Vevo will start OK, and play one or two videos, but then it just locks up and does nothing. Have to disconnect from Chromecast, restart the Vevo app or webpage, and then it will work again---for maybe one or two videos, and then do the same thing. Very annoying--I can never get it to play more than 2 or 3 videos in a row without it stopping. I would like to have it playing constantly when I am working out, or cleaning house, or having a party, but it's useless. I have to resort to using Songza---and just play the audio, which is fine, but it's nice to have videos playing also. Sounds like there is just a bug with the Vevo Chromecast app---they probably rushed the release, and it just wasn't ready yet.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2