Chromecast worth it?

SebasCvdB

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 and use a Samsung Smart TV and have the ability to stream stuff like netflix etc already.. Would Chromecast still be worth purchasing for me?

Posted via Android Central App

gamefreak715

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
Can your TV get hulu plus, youtube, Google play music, movies and TV? If not and you wanna do it, then buy it. I couldn't be happier. I use it on my bedroom TV but since I have an Xbox on my main TV I just do Netflix on the Xbox. I wouldnt hold out for anything more than what chromecast currently offers though in terms of services it provides

AaronTV

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
I think it is easily worth it. I have an Xbox, ps3, and smart TV and I prefer the Chromecast experience to any of those options. YouTube and Netflix videos stream at a higher quality on the Chromecast (for me). I also like having easy access to my Google Play Music collection to stream to my home theater speakers.

Posted with Nexus 5 via Android Central App

lostchild

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Can your TV get hulu plus, youtube, Google play music, movies and TV? If not and you wanna do it, then buy it.

My TV could do all those, but I still think it is worth it to get Chromecast just for the Chrome browser tab casting alone. I have been watching Amazing Race, Survivors, Face Off, Tomorrow People, Top Chef, etc.. on their websites casting to my TV. I guess I could run the long HDMI cable from my computer to the TV, but using the Chromecast no one get tripped accidentally on the cable!

jstwondrng

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
My TV could do all those, but I still think it is worth it to get Chromecast just for the Chrome browser tab casting alone. I have been watching Amazing Race, Survivors, Face Off, Tomorrow People, Top Chef, etc.. on their websites casting to my TV. I guess I could run the long HDMI cable from my computer to the TV, but using the Chromecast no one get tripped accidentally on the cable!

If you already have that functionality, I would wait to purchase a Chromecast. There are limited app streaming offerings right now and you don't have the ability to stream the web from a tablet or smartphone.

J

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 and use a Samsung Smart TV and have the ability to stream stuff like netflix etc already.. Would Chromecast still be worth purchasing for me?

one thing to rememebr it is pretty easy to stuff the chromecast in your pocket and take it to a friend/relative's house, I suspect taking your Smart TV would prove a bit more difficult.

for you tube there is also the queing feature that I dobut is on your Smart TV. basicaly if 5 people are at your home and all have wi-Fi access they can all add videos to the Chromecast youtube que this is a neat way for everyone to share funny videos or cool new music.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Keep in mind how cheap the thing is--only $35. Just go without your Starbucks latte for 10 days, and it's yours!

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Keep in mind how cheap the thing is--only $35. Just go without your Starbucks latte for 10 days, and it's yours!

Agreed. Such an impulse buy at $35. Might as well get one.

SebasCvdB

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Alright I'm considering a purchase granted my TV already has most apps (Hulu, Netflix, HBO Go etc.) I realized I can use it on my upstairs TV which is not a Smart TV... Thanks for all the advice people :)

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Purchased mine yesterday. I can't figure out why I waited so long to get it. So much easier than pulling out cables and laptops to watch a movie.

Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX HD via Android Central App