TV not reading my Chromecast device?

ADK44

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Hello.

I inserted my Chromecast into Input 7 on the back of my Sharp LCD. When I went to scroll to it on my TV screen, the scroll would bypass Input 7 and just go up to the heading, "TV". I then placed it into Input 8 and had the same result.

I have it plugged into an outlet and am getting a solid white light on the side of it.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

ADK44

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Wow. 138 views, but no questions, no responses, no Happy Thanksgiving salutations.

By now, I'm going for the record, if there is one.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Is your TV close enough to your wireless router to pick up a signal? Did you start up the Chromecast app on your phone/tablet? Your TV may be waiting for a signal.

donc13

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Wow. 138 views, but no questions, no responses, no Happy Thanksgiving salutations.

It's not Thanksgiving yet!
:)

Ok, I would suggest you go thru you TV setup menu and make sure you don't have those HDMI ports setup to have the TV control the device.

You could also temporarily set that port to be "always active" and see what you get then.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Welcome to Android Central! There are a loooooot of new posts that appear on this forum every day, so please don't be offended if you don't get a response in the first few hours! :) Although there were a lot of initial views, I suspect most people didn't have a good solution, and therefore didn't want to post something they thought would be useless for you.

How old is your TV? Perhaps it's not new enough to recognize the signal coming from the Chromecast. Do you have another TV to test it on? You should make sure it isn't faulty to begin with.

Posted via Android Central App

ADK44

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
My TV, a Sharp AQUOS LC-40E77U, was purchased in the fall of 2009. I have a high def cable box and Sony sound bar.

Now, this morning I turned on the TV and there was Chromecast on my screen, along with the sound of the TV in the background.

So, I followed the instructions, set it up and tried a few casts. All worked fine except the sound, which remained coming from The Weather Channel.

I checked the TV input screen and it appeared to be powered by Input 7, the TV still apparently via Input 6.

To test things, I took my TV remote and went off Input 7 (that was powering the Chromecast) and went to Input 6 (that governs the TV). All was fine. Then I tried to go back to Input 7 and Chromecast but the scrolling would by-pass Input 7 and go up to the heading (TV). No more Chromecast.

Later, I did try the Chromecast device inserted into Inputs 5, 6, and 8. No luck. I also moved the TV hdmi cable into Input 7, but checking the TV screen, it indicated that the TV was running off Input 6.

Thanks for reading.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I checked the TV input screen and it appeared to be powered by Input 7, the TV still apparently via Input 6.

I don't understand this--what do you mean that the TV is powered by Input 7, and the TV still apparently via Input 6? Do you mean the audio is coming from input 6? Is your cable tuner plugged into Input 6? Also, do you have any AV receiver or soundbar connected to your TV, or is all sound just coming out of the TV speakers?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt