Problems casting from Google Play Music.

wangusangus

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
I've had the Chromecast for a little while now, and it has worked wonderfully on every app except for Play Music. Whenever I try to cast from that app, I get a simple message stating "Cannot cast to [my Chromecast]"--no explanation, nothing. Troubleshooting didn't help, and I cannot seem to find any solution online. If anyone has had the same problem and was able to solve it, PLEASE help!

My phone is a Samsung Galaxy SII (SGH-I777) running Android 4.1.2. I'm running the latest version of Play Music, v5.1.1301L.891271.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I think the latest version is 5.2.1301L (which is what I have on my RAZR Maxx). Check again for any updates, and remember that updates are in a rolling fashion for Google apps, so it's possible that you haven't gotten the very latest update yet.

Posted via Android Central App

ishore99

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I've had the Chromecast for a little while now, and it has worked wonderfully on every app except for Play Music. Whenever I try to cast from that app, I get a simple message stating "Cannot cast to [my Chromecast]"--no explanation, nothing. Troubleshooting didn't help, and I cannot seem to find any solution online. If anyone has had the same problem and was able to solve it, PLEASE help!

I am having the same issue but with BOTH Play Music and Play Movies. I called Google, and finally was told that the engineers are working on this problem. I have a Galaxy Note 10.1

Anyone having the same issues? or any ideas?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay