Chromecast: Error 16003 while playing Netflix

Bobby Olander

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
This worked for me
1. Change the date and time settings on your device to Automatic.
2. Clear the Netflix application data
Navigate to Settings.
Under Device, choose Application Manager or Apps section.
Can't find your Application Manager? Refer to your owner's manual or contact your phone manufacturer for further assistance.
Under Downloaded, choose Netflix.
Choose Clear data, then OK.
Re-enter the Netflix application and try playing again.

rayxxx

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
It works!

I changed the time to Mountain standard time GMT - 7hrs same as what Chromecast was showing on screen(Ican change the time on my tablet but can't change the time on Cast) and everything works

Thanks for your help

Suttonhighf

May 16, 2014
Visit site
It works!

I changed the time to Mountain standard time GMT - 7hrs same as what Chromecast was showing on screen(Ican change the time on my tablet but can't change the time on Cast) and everything works

Thanks for your help

- - - Updated - - -

Changing the Time to automatic worked!

Travis Patton

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Havent tried the time zone thing, but heres what worked for me.
Loaded up Netflix and attempted to cast, error 16003 popped up.
opened Advanced task manager and stopped everything BUT Netflix, went back to my chromecast icon in Netflix and now it showed 2 devices with the same name, selected the 'other' identically named one and bingo works great.

creativeZu

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
I have a galaxy tab 2 and have been getting the 16003 error for months now, glad that the date time fix finally solved it. Thanks so much!

kevjey

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

Does anyone know a work around for the Netflix problem, I have only had this device for 2 weeks and I have to re-nstall everything for it to work.

The reboot option doesn't always work.

I have checked on the tab 2 and I don't have a auto date/time buttom

Any ideas?

Kev...

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

TomWestland

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
There's no way to automatically correct the date/time on the Tab 2. You'll have to do it manually.

Once you do, the 16003 error should go away. At least it worked for me, and it's been months without a problem now.

gjmania

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
I bought my first chromecast in January, works perfectly with my devices.
Bought my second for another room this week, installed yesterday, all went well. Today is the 16003 error, sounds like no one has a solution. I tried the play a movie on my device first and then put in on cast, didn't work the error came up again. Help.
If we return the chromecast will a new one work?:

desertjedi

May 9, 2014
Visit site
I got the 16003 error. I set my tablet to automatic time. That alone didn't work. But as soon as I cleared Netflix' application data, I was golden. What a vicious error! I never suspected I was one of many with the problem!

RedmanA

Jul 15, 2016
Visit site
Hey I've been having same issue, it's chrome cast. Not Netflix.
Solution I've found is to click google cast app and then devices, and wait for it to find your chrome cast, most of the time it wants to setup new chrome cast.
Guess it's a lollipop issue, Android should be able to correct.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool