Samsung TV Turning Off

Rocky Wenskus

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Just installed my new Chromecast and noticed that once the TV is off for a while and I go to power it back on, after a few seconds the TV shuts off automatically...this just started happening after I installed the Chromecast. Any suggestions

macleod52

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
Just installed my new Chromecast and noticed that once the TV is off for a while and I go to power it back on, after a few seconds the TV shuts off automatically...this just started happening after I installed the Chromecast. Any suggestions

Is it a continuous reboot loop? This happened to my TV and I believe it has to do with plugging the USB power into the TV's USB port. I unplugged it and am using the wall charger. I don't know if it was causing the power board to fail or what. The only way to get the TV from continuously rebooting is to unplug the USB from the TV. This also totally reset my TV's setting and the TV didn't even know what it was. I had to go into the service menu to reconfigure it so I could use the TV.

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the world of Samsung TVs. Look it up, they've had several class action lawsuits for TVS that do the same thing as you describe. I bought a TV that was $2200 a few years ago and it failed within a year. Thankfully I had an extended warranty to cover it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

ddsdavid

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm glad I stumbled upon your post. I recently installed Chromecast to my Samsung TV and it has started doing the same thing. It is not a reboot, it just shuts off. You can then turn it back on. It is pretty intermittent.

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
This actually doesnt sound like the same problem I had. Does this only happen when you plug chromecast in or ANY any HDMi source?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante