Hi all

I just got my chromecast and I am experiancing a funny situation. When I switch on the TV chromecast boots up but then i get nothing on screen. The white LED blinks and nothing happens. I did some troubleshooting and found that found that chromecast will fully boot up only when the unit is not hooked up to the TV. After this I can connect it to the HDMI port and start casting to my TV.

Has anyone experienced something similar?

The TV I have is a Sony KDL-EX720

Should i have the chromecast replaced? I want to see if the problem is with the TV or the unit and need to test it on an other TV later on this week.

Regards

Lawrence
    12-29-2013 10:46 AM
    Hi all

I just got my chromecast and I am experiancing a funny situation. When I switch on the TV chromecast boots up but then i get nothing on screen. The white LED blinks and nothing happens. I did some troubleshooting and found that found that chromecast will fully boot up only when the unit is not hooked up to the TV. After this I can connect it to the HDMI port and start casting to my TV.

Has anyone experienced something similar?

The TV I have is a Sony KDL-EX720

Should i have the chromecast replaced? I want to see if the problem is with the TV or the unit and need to test it on an other TV later on this week.

Regards

Lawrence
    Do you have the Chromecast app on your phone/tablet? I think that is part of the setup. I had no problem plugging mine in and it booting up. There was an update/upgrade right away for me.
    12-29-2013 11:14 AM
    Setup was OK. I've don't some searching and apparently it is a known problem. Other users faced the same problem and it seems to be a software problem. Seems Google will sort this out with a future updste

Posted via Android Central App
    12-29-2013 03:09 PM
    Setup was OK. I've don't some searching and apparently it is a known problem. Other users faced the same problem and it seems to be a software problem. Seems Google will sort this out with a future updste

Posted via Android Central App

This sounds VERY odd to me.If it is a known problem why aren't we all experiancing it[ unless it has to do with your brand/model of TV] Have you tried using the HDMI extension?
    12-30-2013 10:28 AM
    I have not heard of this issue either. I also have mine attached to a Sony (KDL52EX700) and powered from the TV USB port. No issues at all.
    12-30-2013 11:01 AM