Can't cast Netflix from Samsung Galaxy Tab2 7.0

timmyb74

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
I received a Google Chromecast for Christmas. I have successfully installed the device on my TV and on my network. I can cast You Tube, Hulu, Red Bull, etc., but I am unable to cast Netflix. After 4 days of Netflix chat support, they have concluded that the problem is not theirs. After 4 days of email support from Google, they have concluded they just don't know what the problem is and that they have nothing left to try or any suggestions (but they will keep looking into it!). After 5 days, I am ready to return it. I found your forum and decided to see if anyone here had any ideas.

A brief synopsis:
The red Netflix screen does show up on the TV when I push the "cast" button. Then some Netflix ads for show and movies comes up. In the meanwhile, I try to select a show on the tablet I want to cast. The loading icon comes up and runs for several seconds and then the tablet displays an error message 16003. I have tried to cast with a different model Samsung tablet with the same results. A Kindle fire casts Netflix on the same network and same TV with no issues. Both Samsung tablets are currently up to date as far as Samsung will allow (no updates available). Each Samsung tablet is using a different version of the android operating system. Is anyone experiencing similar issues? Any suggestions on how to fix this?

I'm hours away from putting the Chromecast back in the box and returning it. I really don't want to do that, but if I can't cast Netflix, there really isn't anything else available I would watch enough to warrant keeping it.:(:confused:

donc13

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Check for updates on the Chrome cast. Make sure the build is 14975. You can check that via the Chrome cast app.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 4

timmyb74

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
The build is14975. The Chromecast was updated 12/26. It has been uninstalled/resetup at least 4 times since then. Is there another way that I should check for updates?

Minkey1

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
As it all works fine off the Kindle, presumably the issue is with Samsung, and/or how Netflix is working (failing) on the Samsung kit. What do Netflix say about their error message 16003?

FWIW, I've tested it with my wife's S4 (on Android 4.3) and it all works fine.

timmyb74

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
Netflix suggested I try watching a show before I try to cast, as others have suggested here. This did not solve the problem. After insisting the problem is not their problem, they suggested I update my Android version since 4.2.2 is not the latest version. While I realize that is true, the fact that I can cast from the Kindle Fire, which doesn't run the latest version of Android either, kind of blows that out of the water in my opinion. 4.2.2 is the latest update for the Galaxy Tab2 7.0, so there is no way I could change it anyway. Netflix never tried to explain exactly what the 16003 is.

blade202

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
I was having trouble casting Netflix on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 and after chatting with Netflix online support I was Instructed to reset the clock on my device as it was off by 2 minutes. After I reset the clock in the settings menu, Netflix started casting and I no longer got error (16003). If your having trouble casting Netflix try resetting the clock.

June Atkins

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
I was having trouble casting Netflix on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 and after chatting with Netflix online support I was Instructed to reset the clock on my device as it was off by 2 minutes. After I reset the clock in the settings menu, Netflix started casting and I no longer got error (16003). If your having trouble casting Netflix try resetting the clock.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you so much. I works fine now.

pwzabu

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
I had trouble with Chromcast also. Then i checked and double checked everything. i realized the driving mode was checked off. i unchecked it and it works perfect with netflix now
my friend's galaxy had her in airplane mode. she unchecked it and it worked great.
just letting you know how i fixed mine
good luck:)

pwzabu

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
i had the same problem
turns out my driving mode was on. unclicked it and it worked
my friend's was on airplane mode. she changed it and it worked also
good luck

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads