Netflix: YES, but Youtube: NO

Trajadoja

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
I've had my Chromecast for awhile now and have enjoyed casting Netflix and Youtube from my Galaxy S3. However, for no obvious reason, my Android YouTube app is no longer displaying an icon for Chromecast. Netflix still works fine.

The only change I made was to install Plex for Android and try to set that up to cast as well. However, that is not working and I opened a support ticket with Plex rather than start messing with my network (or other) settings.

It should be noted that the Chromecast app for Android has never detected my device properly. I did the setup from a laptop instead and casting from the laptop or a desktop works perfectly. However, this isn't the experience that I prefer. I've read other threads on this topic and I don't seem to have any of the problems listed (5Ghz, WiFi channels, clearing app data and cache, etc.) - any other ideas?

BTW - two other Android devices on the same network are functioning properly.

Trajadoja

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
you need Plex Pass subscription for chromecast support

update youtube app if you have not

I have a Plex Pass subscription (that's how I'm casting from PC) and I have the most updated YouTube app on Android. I tried uninstalling and re-installing the updates, but no luck.

Trajadoja

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
I hadn't tried Play Movies but, YEP, same thing - no Chromecast icon.

So, has Google removed support for its own product from its own apps? Brilliant! ;-)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz