Screen Casting was live on my Nexus 7

TKDnerd05

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
All right guys first time ever starting a thread, but I believe this deserves it.
Yesterday I noticed an extra square for screen Casting on my pull down menu. Not to be confused for casting from a video in a browser, which I also found out could happen! I tried casting from the pull down menu and to my surprise it worked, but of course it was buggy. I really didn't care that it was buggy because it means that it's in the process of being baked in I'm guessing. Alas, I got home from work today and my Nexus 7 was dead, when I fired it up it was gone, nooooooooo!

Anyways, I can't wait till it goes live for real. Has anyone else experienced or seen this?
Disclaimer: if this thread already exists please ring in and I'll delete it

Posted from a Nexus 5

patchs

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Yes, when I updated the Chrome browser on my Nexus 7 (2013), I saw in the notes that tab streaming to Chromecast was one of the changes.
I tried it with videos from MLB.com and NFL.com and it worked. I tried it with DirecTV.com but it was a no go. This is a step in the right direction.
No luck when I tried it from the Chrome browser on my HTC One M7.

TKDnerd05

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Is it still there for you because it disappeared on mine. Did you also have a screen casting square on your pull down menu? When it was live I went to settings >display >screen casting, it showed my Chromecast and in parenthesis it said beta future. 🙌

Posted via Android Central App