chromecast help streaming / use

nathywathy

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
****please be aware that nath has some quite severe disabilities and has tried his best to write this email / posting so that you guys on the forum can understand it, please accept any and all apologies for spelling and grammar issues, but he is trying to become more independent, so please allow for any probs with his post -Keith (naths full time live in carer)[/B]

hello all, please let me first apologise, i have some disabilities and make it hard to type sometimes

i use the forum for info but now have signed up for your help, about a google chromecast for my tv

my questions are with chromecast will i be able to send my internet from my laptop to the tv (its big, flatscreen on wall, much easier to see for me to work on with, so could i use internet on it

i no my my netflix will work wot is great nnews, but will my windows media player send to it aswell to watch on tv, as i have many films ripped from disc saved on my laptop, my faveoratIee films

sorry my questions are will chromcast let me

watch films from my pc on the tv with media player or another player player

will it let me surf the intRnert on my big screen

and see my photo albums on big screen

thankyou so much for yourr help now

Nath- :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

nlitenme

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Hi Nath, welcome to the forums! No need to apologize for anything. You actually type better than some of the others on here.

Anyway, I'll try to help, but my experience is limited.

Yes, using Chrome (browser) will let you cast a tab on to your big screen.

As far as I know, windows media player cannot cast. I don't know what formats you're playing, but if it's one that Chrome itself can handle, just play & cast it through there.

Also, viewing your photos through Chrome will allow you to cast them.

Basically, since Chrome can handle many different formats, you can get a lot up on your big screen with your Chromecast.

Hopefully I've helped some & that others with more experience will chime in & give you some more tips.

Let us know how it all works out for you.