Why is my Chromecast crashing system ui?

fgcchevy

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site
Chromecast crashing system ui

My lg gpad is getting system ui has stopped errors while streaming to Chromecast, but only after dropping notification panel. I have done full wipes of the device several times now, and have not restored any apps when doing factory resets. This crash makes the tablet unusable until I manually power off the device. I have tried uninstalling YouTube app updates, but the error continues with other apps also. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Tia

Posted via Android Central App

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Re: Chromecast crashing system ui

Are you able to factory reset the Chromecast (if you haven't already done so)?

fgcchevy

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site

Yea tried factory resetting it already, no dice. Thanks for the suggestion

gerrya

May 22, 2013
Visit site

Its not the device its chromecast, happening on several devices. I got a new Samsung galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 and its happening on that, but not happening on my HTC One. Ive heard that it has to do with swiping down the status bar while casting. I was able to cast youtube without crash by not swiping down status bar. See post here:
Weird crash. Android system ui has failed. Tab pro 8.4 - xda-developers

mhaider

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site

I started seeing this a couple of days ago too. It happens on my LG Gpad 8.3, but not on my Droid Maxx. There was a system update on the LG a few days ago and thought it might have something to do with that, maybe not.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

fgcchevy

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site

I started seeing this a couple of days ago too. It happens on my LG Gpad 8.3, but not on my Droid Maxx. There was a system update on the LG a few days ago and thought it might have something to do with that, maybe not.

Same, started happening after my gpad update. It works fine with my gs3.

mhaider

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site

In post #4 of this thread they say it happens to their Samsung tablet, so it's not just LG.

mhaider

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site

Anything new with this? I factory reset today hoping for a miracle, didn't fix it.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

gerrya

May 22, 2013
Visit site

I tried it on my Tab pro after a Chrome cast update last week and it continues to lock it up. I stopped pulling down the status bar and that stops the lock ups. There was another update yesterday for screen mirroring and I haven't tried it again after that update.

tonywattsedu

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site

So this issue is affecting devices with skinned versions of android. LG and Samsung have messed with it enough that their navigation bar and panel are modified such that any standard Google branded Chromecast-able app icon extends outside the dimensions of the nav shade/panel/bar. This is LGs and Samsung's problem and they should tweak the os less. A fix to the nav bar should come for the devices, I would expect, though there are solutions online requiring root if you cannot wait. It really sucks! Love my G Pad but hate not being able to cast with it!!

mhaider

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site

Found a fix for it a few days ago, so far completely fixed the issue. You need to have root and xposed framework, then install the the module in the attached link.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g3/themes-apps/mod-chromecast-systemui-crash-fix-t2813095

Thanks for the tip! I rooted my Gpad last night, installed framework and the module. After that I tried YouTube, Google Music and the TWIT app, all without a hiccup. Hopefully this is the end of that problem. ☺

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the fix. I'm not going to root my device though. It works with my Galaxy S5 and Nexus 7 2013 which is enough and it's only when I cast Google play content from my galaxy tab pro 10.1 that it locks up. Everything else works.

Posted from my nexus 7 2013

gerrya

May 22, 2013
Visit site
If you search for this: "YouTube crash fix Xposed" there is an apk that you can install from XDA forum that does not require root and fixes the crash.

gerrya

May 22, 2013
Visit site

I got a system update this morning on my Samsung Galaxy tab pro 8.4 and I have not experienced a crash using Chromecast, and I've been trying to get it to crash by pulling down the status bar.

Stephen Noe

Jan 2, 2017
Visit site
It is january 2017 and i am still getting crashes when i try to use my samsung pro 12 and chromecast, which i purchashed a few weeks ago.
I start to cast but after 2 to 3 minutes the picture freezes and the tablet locks up or reboots.
:(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781