How do I turn on New episode available notifications?

Jeffrey Knox

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
turning on "New episode available" notifications...

So for the first few years that I had a Chromecast, on a certain day of the week I would get a notification on my phone saying "New episode of Big Bang Theory [or whatever] is available for download." Oh, great, thanks for the head's-up! Except with the current season, I'm not getting those notifications. I've double checked to see if I've overlooked some setting, but I haven't found one. Does anyone know how to turn these on again?

Thanks!
Jeff

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: turning on "New episode available" notifications...

What streaming TV app are you using? That notification wouldn't be coming from Chromecast. Are you using Netflix, Hulu, etc.? Open whichever app you use to stream TV shows, tap Menu, then Settings, and look for the Notification options. See if there is a setting to notify you about newly available shows.

Jeffrey Knox

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Re: turning on "New episode available" notifications...

Well huh, I did get a notification from the Google Play Movies & TV app this week. Oh, I see now. The app shows me when each episode of Big Bang Theory aired, which was Monday, Monday, Monday, Monday, Monday, Thursday, Thursday. Aha, I see now. I was confused when they switched from Mondays to Thursdays and thought I was missing out. Thanks!