Chromecast for music through my AV receiver ?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Well, the thing is the Chromecast is meant for TV streaming. First of all, the app you're using needs to support Chromecast streaming. Not all of them do, most of them are video apps, and most music apps still don't (I think only Play Music does).

You could try to use Screen Mirroring to the Chromecast. That way whatever you're listening to should play through the Chromecast.

I'm not sure why, but did you consider a Bluetooth Audio receiver? They're basically headphone jacks with a BT receiver attached and they connect to your sound system's AUX input, just as if they were an AUX Line or a Microphone. Nevermind, I read the old thread.

Digital Moe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I do this but I use Google Music, I can turn of the TV and control everything through my phone have access to all my uploaded music and Google Play streaming music. When I turn of the TV the music pauses but I can unpause it again via the Google Play Music app.

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Plex can also do music streaming.

Plex is first a video streaming solution and music playback second, but it does work. They are also adding features that are making music better in Plex. Probably one of the best options for local audio playback. Just be aware you have to have the client on your phone and the plex media server on a desktop pc somewhere. So the android plex app won't do it alone.

As the previous poster I use play music as my primary method of streaming. I thought the CC had support from Pandora and Tune in Radio to.

Posted via Android Central App

jimswms

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
I got Chromecast working with Google Play, but not with Spotify sadly. Audio is acceptable, but poor compared to streaming through the app though.

I need to spend more time trying to figure out DLNA. My receiver supports it and supposedly my Sony Z3C does, but I can't get them to play together. That would solve it for me..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech