Need assistance to redeem my $20 Google Play Credit

diesteldorf

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I purchased a Chromecast through Target.com, primarily for the cost, $22.99 + tax, and also because of the $20 Google Play credit.

My problem is that I primarily use one when I travel, as my TV is old and not compatible.

I'll be going home for the holidays, but not until after December 21st, after the offer expires.

I would obviously like to redeem the $20 Play credit. So far, I am trying to look at possible ways to do this.

1. Find someone close by that has an HDMI capable TV that would allow me to use it for a few minutes.
2. "Sneak" into a retailer that has HDMI TV floor models that I could borrow
3. Go to a local bar, buy a couple beers, tip him a few bucks and use his TV

4. Convert another Android Device to a TV in order to redeem the offer.

I don't know if this is possible:

I have wireless internet at home. A few micro USB to HDMI converter cables. Spare android devices and the ability to run Dolphin and Chrome browser in desktop mode. Does anyone else have any suggestions for how I can redeem my credit before December 21st.

#1 would work, but most of my friends are the same ones I will see after December 21st, when I go home, and the offer has expired.

Is it possible to make a chromecast think another android device is a HDMI enabled TV?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You could consider buying a cheap small TV with an HDMI input from a store where you know you can return it without a restocking fee. Use it for the Chromecast, set it up, redeem the offers, then return the TV. Costco or Sam's Club would be the best option, but I think Walmart and Best Buy also have good return policies.

icellphones32

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
I bought one today from best buy, the $20 credit was a code on the receipt. I entered the code in the car and got the 20 instantly

Posted via the Android Central App

kdp7462

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Icell--where did you go to enter the code from the receipt? I bought a Chromecast from bb today but don't know where to enter the code for the credit. Thanks

icellphones32

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Icell--where did you go to enter the code from the receipt? I bought a Chromecast from bb today but don't know where to enter the code for the credit. Thanks

Go to the play store on your phone, hit the three lines at the top left for menu, you'll see "redeem"

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma