Simultaneous playback through Chromecast and on-device audio

Joe Healey

Feb 21, 2015
Visit site
Hi all, first post as I can't find an answer to this anywhere, though not the first time I've visited the site!

We're having a party that will be split over 2 levels of the house. On the lower level we have an older type speaker set up which I will be 'hard wiring' via 3.5mm jack to the headphone port on my laptop. Up stairs I have my chromecast hooked up via HDMI and audio splitter to our TV and surround sound systems.

My question is: Is there any way I can cast my Google Play Music to the Chrome cast, and simultaneously have it play through the speakers/headphones actually physically connected to the laptop? Thus both devices will be seamlessly playing the same playlists/tracks etc.

Other chrome tabs play their audio through the computers speakers, even whilst casting the Play Music via chromecast, so it seems like this should be doable. If this can be accomplished without involving any 3rd party apps and so on to complicate matters that would be good too!

Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I don't think that's currently possible. You could open multiple instances of Google Play Music in separate tabs and cast each tab to a different Chromecast, I think, but they wouldn't be synchronized. Maybe someone else will know of a workaround.

fcmahoney

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
A related question relating to the challenge of running Google+ photos slideshow and Pandora. Seems like it could be feasible in Android but I've not been successful. Thanks for any insight on splitting the Chromecast channel to permit >1 input.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech