Why do I have to reboot Chromecast every time I switch to another input?

A

AC Question

Have to reboot chromecast every time I switch to another input

I have my chromecast connected to my Yamaha rx v675 avr via hdmi input 3 and also powered by DC out usb port on Yamaha. Every time I switch off chromecast to a different input on the avr and then try to come back to chromecast I get no video on the TV and no audio on the receiver from the chromecast. If I reboot the chromecast I then get both video and audio correctly. Have to do this every time I turn off the receiver or switch from chromecast to a different input and back. Any suggestions?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Have to reboot chromecast every time I switch to another input

And if that doesn't help, it's just something in the Yamaha. My Chromecast not oly works every time I switch my Vizio's input to the one the Chromecast is plugged into, if I connect to the Chromecast with my phone, the TV switches to that input and I see my phone on the screen.

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
Re: Have to reboot chromecast every time I switch to another input

try to use the standalone power supply? does it make any difference? I have a denon receiver, and I keep Chromecast powered always, when I connect to my Chromecast device the denon receiver automatically switches over to that HDMI input.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674