Chromecast quastions

shimivak

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site
Hi
I heard that chromecast can only steam videos in 720 and doesnt support1080, is it still true or maybe there was an update to fix that?
Another thing, the main reason i want to buy chromecast is to stream videos through vlc( and not firefox or chrome. Only vlc), is it possible?
And last one, is it region free?
Thanks!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Chromecast can stream in 1080p. VideoLAN announced in Feb that they were working on bringing Chromecast support to VLC, but it hasn't arrived yet: VideoLAN - Frequently Asked Questions. Not sure about the region-free question, but I wouldn't expect it to be region-dependent--it simply streams what your device can play.

shimivak

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Chromecast can stream in 1080p. VideoLAN announced in Feb that they were working on bringing Chromecast support to VLC, but it hasn't arrived yet. Not sure about the region-free question, but I wouldn't expect it to be region-dependent--it simply streams what your device can play.
Ok thanks!
The reason i want to stream through vlc is because its so simple to add subtitles to a video with vlc.
Do you know any other software that can easly add subtitles like vlc and stream to chromecast?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781