Chromecast 2015 Performance

thatguy97

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Just wanted to say that the performance is much improved ( as it should be) on my 5ghz network, Also the dropped frames in the backdrops are mostly gone but still there. Is there anyone that has their new Chromecast already that can attest to this?

Posted from my Nexus 6/Nexus 7 2013/Surface Pro 3

thatguy97

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Dropped frames in backdrops? They're jpeg's aren't they, not video?

Yes, they are jpeg's but the transition is still a little slow. My wording was off more like dropped frames between photo transitions.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes, they are jpeg's but the transition is still a little slow. My wording was off more like dropped frames between photo transitions.

I some time have issues with chromecast where the device wont show up on the list.
the only way to fix that was to restart the router.
Is that fixed on the new chromecast?

Also, How fast is it to connect?

thatguy97

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
I some time have issues with chromecast where the device wont show up on the list.
the only way to fix that was to restart the router.
Is that fixed on the new chromecast?

Also, How fast is it to connect?

I also had that problem with the old one. I've only had it for a day but no issues like that do far. If you have a 5ghz dual band AC router or any solid 5ghz router the connection is very solid and I have not had any intermediate quality degradation. Also the apps load much quicker on the screen, probably thanks to Googles fast play, and hardware improvements.